Hello ,
I am trying to clone repos from bitbucket from sourctree, it's always ending up with below error. I and my team have tried in so many ways, but it didn't resolved. it's only happening for my account.
Command: git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks ls-remote https://NareshGarlapati@bitbucket.org/sc0p3Cr33p/factoryweb2.gitOutput:Error: remote: Invalid username or passwordfatal: Authentication failed for 'https://bitbucket.org/sc0p3Cr33p/factoryweb2.git/'
same here
Same
Same issues.
Problem remains for me
Hi Naresh,
It seems to me the HTTP authentication is not working?
I found a solution for myself - Setup SSH and use that alternatively.
The instructions aren't great but here is a starter
Set up an SSH key | Bitbucket Cloud | Atlassian Support
1. Download and install putty to mange the authentication
2. use sourcetree to create a public key (cut and paste that into your bitbucket acct online)
3. From the same code (same window) generate your public key (this will be the local side of your authentication)
4. Set your sourcetree authentication to have SSH
see the instruction for more details but they may be more confusing
Hope this helps others!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.