Hello!
On a recommendation from tech industry friends, I applied for the free community licenses for nonprofits from Atlassian - I'm told I'll most clearly benefit from Jira Service Desk and Confluence.
The Atlassian people are apparently highly efficient (speaks well of their software...?) and approved my request in 24 hours instead of the anticipated 3 weeks.
I'm looking to set up these two items especially for my team to improve efficiency. It requires a server; it's not the cloud-based version (that's all that's available for the free license).
A friend suggested AWS would work.
I've never used any of these.
Really, the most I know about this stuff is that they sponsor NPR and podcasts.
I've never used the products, but i've seen it in use and it comes very highly recommended from tech friends who can help with making it user-friendly once I have things set up.
obviously, i'm not a programmer or super familiar with any of this, but i'm pretty good at figuring things out and picking up new skills. i don't yet have the vocab for what i'm doing, so my questions will sound a bit elementary....
I've managed to get ASI and Jira installed or created or something in AWS (confluence is status CREATE_IN_PROGRESS)....
i saw this:
CIDR Block allowed to access the Atlassian product. This should be set to
a trusted IP range; if you want to give public access use '0.0.0.0/0'.
so i chose 0.0.0.0/0 - what does this mean? i assumed it meant my team could log in from any ip address (i.e. work from home). is that correct? is there a significant security risk to doing so?
once i have everything created on AWS, what's the next step?
if you're using AWS, what does this typically cost you? for how many users? can you function with just the tech soup grant? tech soup is down for the night, so i can't apply for the $2000 worth of credits at the moment.