Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking employees PTO/Vacation Time off in jira

Jon May 10, 2024

Hi, we have used jira for some time and its amazing with some creativity what you can do. There was one thing i was wondering if anyone had any good apps or ways to help employees track their time off. We give each employee several weeks to use each year at their discretion and they keep track of it on their own. It would be cook if users could log time off whether full or partial days to help them and management keep track of time off that has been taken. Let me know if you have any good ideas for how to pull this off. 

Thanks, 

3 answers

1 vote
Jaime Capitel (resolution)
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 13, 2024

Hi @Jon 

Happy to hear you're enjoying Jira! It's definitely flexible 😄

I'd like to add Out of Office Assistant to the list, which will prove very helpful if you want to make sure that issues are reassigned to a backup person when your users go on leave.

We also have an integration with Tempo (the leader in time tracking for Jira), which means that using both apps combined you'd only need to maintain leaves in Tempo. 

0 votes
Gracjan Wesołowski _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2024

Hi @Jon 

I can recommend our Clockwork Automated Time Tracking & Timesheets Prowhich offers you the possibility to create internal non-project-related activities such as daily stand-ups, meetings, or time off that users can track their time on. For details, you can refer to the documentation here.

Set up Internal Tasks in Clockwork.png

This is just one of many features that our time-tracking app can offer. Overall, it enhances the log time experience and reporting in Jira.

If you have any questions or you would like to get a demo, you can contact us via our help center.

Cheers!

Gracjan

0 votes
Mohanraj Thangamuthu
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2024

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events