Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Jira Work Management, when using the 'Search board' option it doesn't search the Description

Kate Patterson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 14, 2024

Within Jira Work Management specifically, though this article says that within the Board view the 'Search board' option searches both Summary and Description it doesn't appear to.

When I use a string that is within the description but not the summary no cards come up. But if I search that same string in the List view or in Issues it does appear.

Is there a setting related to this I'm missing somehow or is it just broken?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Rainey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2024

Hey Kate,

Checked this on my side and it looks like you're right. Searching via description text doesn't appear to work on the board view but works on the others. Looks like you found a bug!

You can submit this as a bug here: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/?

Kate Patterson
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 15, 2024

Thanks! Wasn't sure if I was missing something obvious haha.

Like Chris Rainey likes this
Chris Rainey
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2024

Not at all - great detective work.

Please consider accepting my answer as a solution :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events