Export to PDF does not print 'WYSIWYG' format

Casey Maynard October 5, 2017

I need to be able to print my Confluences pages to show how they are displayed in my browser.  When I export them to PDF (or Word) they layout is wrong, and checkboxes are converted to bullet point like dots. I want to print pages in 'WYSIWYG' format.

1 answer

1 vote
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2017

The built-in PDF export functionality has some limitations, unfortunately. There is not a lot you can do about it.  There is an app called Scroll PDF that gives you a ton of control over PDF formatting.  We use it to do things like add "letterhead," control page breaks, etc. It works really well. You'll need to know/learn a little CSS, but it's not hard to configure.

Casey Maynard October 9, 2017

Unfortunately, I prefer an affordable option and one that does not require technical skills, as several team members will be printing these pages.

Disappointing that Confluence has very limited options and a number of things require a pay-to-use plugin.

Nils Bier _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 11, 2017

Hi Casey,

With Scroll PDF Exporter 4.0 we introduced a graphical template designer that allows you to create templates without any CSS or HTML skills required.

Please feel free to check it out here: Scroll PDF Exporter

If you have questions regarding the app, please feel free to get in touch with us via support@k15t.com - we'll be happy to help.

Best,
Nils

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events