Delete uploaded files permanently

Gamal Ardipratama May 16, 2024

Hi,

I'm wondering if theres a sensitive data uploaded that I would like to be deleted from the system, what is the assurances that those data is permanently deleted across systems and databases.

to give you context this is for banking related data.

thanks,

1 answer

1 vote
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2024

You will want to delete it from the page and remove all versions that included the sensitive data, and then purge it from the space trash. Since there is no way to recover this once purged without going to a backup, it's pretty much permanently deleted.

However, depending on where you work, "pretty much" is not good enough. Often after a spillage, I have had security teams demand to see all pages, caches, and db entries had the data to prove that the site has been sanitized.  

A quick search did not find any actual assurance from Atlassian that this will completely remove all references to the sensitive data from all cache or databases.  Maybe someone else's Google foo is working better this morning. If you require this level of assurance, enter a support ticket with Atlassian requesting some official statement around the policy with sensitive data purging.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events