Can I copy a page to another space?

sharee khaldi May 16, 2024

I have two spaces, one is for working groups that report to a larger group, who's pages are currently in another space.

I created an updates page in each of the working group pages, I'd like to have them all copied to an updates page on the second space. 

I'd like for the page to not be static, to have it continually update as the working groups update their page. I think this can be done through excerpts, but the first challenge is copying them to the new space. 

I'd love some feedback and help! 

Thanks in advance

4 answers

2 votes
Kristian Klima
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2024

Hi @sharee khaldi and welcome to the community.

You can, of course, manually copy all new pages from one space to another. But to keep them synchronized without manually updating them in two spaces, you need an app.

Options:

Comala Publishing by Appfire will allow you to create a one way synchronization of pages between two spaces. So if you create or update a page in your Source space, you will then simply click a button and push the page/update to the Target space.

Whether you add, edit or delete content on a page in your Source space, the changes will transfer to the Target space.

The links among the pages in the space are synchronized too. In other words, if a page A links to a page B in your Source, when you sync them to your Target, Target A will link to Target B.

This useful when you want to have one space for creating and editing content and the other purely for content consumption. We're using the app in Emplifi product documentation workflow.

Space Sync for Confluence by Ricksoft

Space sync works similarly to Comala Publishing but allows you to create bi-directional sync, works with more than two spaces, and the spaces can be on different Confluence Cloud sites.

sharee khaldi May 20, 2024

Unfortunately, I am not able to purchase any add-ons at this time (this would make my life so much easier if I could)

But I very much appreciate the response, and will keep this in mind for the future. 

1 vote
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2024

Hi @sharee khaldi

You may want to check out the page include macro as well. If you don't want to share the entire page with the second group of people, the excerpt macros you mentioned work well. Whether you use the page include or excerpt macro, you will need to manually create new pages in the second space, and then edit those pages to insert the macros to display content from the original work space.

Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2024

@sharee khaldi If you want to use the entire page, the link that @Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_ provided explains how to specify a page in another space in the Include Page macro.

• If the page or blog post is located in another space, add the space key and a colon in front of the page name. For example, DOC:My page name. The space key is case sensitive.

There is a similar feature on the Insert Excerpt macro: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-excerpt-include-macro/ 

That's super helpful. thank you so much!

Like Barbara Szczesniak likes this
1 vote
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2024

Yes. look for the ... menu on the top of the page, copy is the first option.

page_copy1.png

Then you can pick the space to copy to and the parent page you'd like it to be nested under.

page_copy.png

0 votes
Nino Stana May 17, 2024

Hello @sharee khaldi 

As @Kristian Klima mentioned, from our side (Appfire) Comala Publishing can do the trick but we have other tools that can help automate this depending on more details of your use case.

If you'd like to discuss more in detail about this, and see how our tools work feel free to contact me at nino.stana@appfire.com.

Thank you @Nino Stana I appreciate it.

Like Nino Stana likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events