Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tags are meaningful, can anybody assist me plz?

MarcAnthony005 September 18, 2018

I would appreciate a lot if someone from the community could help and assist me through technical and functional procedures in various topics.

I prefer to ask rather than misbehave (if I didn’t already)

Thank you a Million

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2018

The community has recently started a "welcome centre" area which is well worth skimming for useful articles.  https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Welcome-Center/gp-p/WelcomeCenter

It is low on content at the moment.  In my opinion, it should be improved by including directly some of the "how to write good questions" write-ups that are referenced in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Welcome-Center/Start-here-Atlassian-Community-101/gpm-p/876380

But to answer the actual question instead of deflect, there are some general tips on etiquette when you've got questions:

• Avoid asking several unrelated questions in one post - the forum doesn't have complex threading options.  Ask one question per topic.
  • Search the community (and/or internet) before asking, or expect lazy "copy and paste" or RTFM answers.  If you can tell us what you found and why it has not helped, that can go a long way to focussing responders on the core of the problem!
  • "It doesn't work", "integrate", and blocks of log are useless, give context - the error message or behaviour, what you're trying to do, what you think should happen.  This doesn't have to be long and detailed, the best questions I've seen are 4-5 sentences.
  • Tag the product(s) in question.
  • Do not worry about language or using the right words, we'll ask if something is unclear.
  • Do not worry about looking dumb.  I'm a "champion" with a long history here.  I've only asked about 9 questions apparently.   The 700-ish I asked as a newbie have been lost in the mists of time, and some of them were really dumb.  But people still helped me.
  • And the best advice I've heard about using forums like this - Every human has some fields that they are great in and other people could learn from them.  Imagine a novice is asking you about your expert field, and ask the questions that you would like to hear from a novice.

The fact that you've asked before potentially "misbehaving" is something a lot of us appreciate!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 18, 2018

I agree!

I think @Erica Moss is working on building out a library of tips and tricks in the Welcome Center. Maybe a master "Tips & Tricks Table of Contents"? 

We were also thinking of moving threads there -- it's tricky since discussions are the only content type in a group, but may be worth moving some articles there anyway (they will automatically become discussions). I believe @Thomas Schlegel has one on tagging and one on asking good questions that might be great. 

Thank you so much for referring people there!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 18, 2018

I feel part of what I just edited into that answer might be useful.  Especially if the prose were improved!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 18, 2018

<like> 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events