Welcome Wednesday: What are you looking forward to during the holidays?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2020

Greetings once again everyone!

I know that not everyone celebrates Christmas and not everyone will have the benefit of being about to take time off.  So this weeks question has two sides to the coin.

If you are going to be on vacation, what are you looking forward to doing?  I know travelling and in many parts of the world getting together with friends and family isn't possible this year.  However, I'm looking forward to getting caught up on my backlog of shows such as season 2 of the Mandalorian (yes, I haven't actually been able to watch it yet).

If you have chosen to work or you are required to work based on your profession, I'm interested to know what things you are looking forward to being able to do with less people in the office.  I know in the past I have loved being able to get to back burner projects that I never normally have time to get to.

Now it's your turn!  Please tell me what you will be up to!

Have a happy holiday season!

6 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2020
Like Taras KHAMARDIUK likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2020
Like # people like this
Vardi December 24, 2020

I am planning to spend more time with my family and will do self-education․ ։)

Like # people like this
Taras KHAMARDIUK December 23, 2020

I'm gonna pay some closer look into my master thesis - I hope inspiration will be somewhere around the corner:)

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2020

That's awesome!  I wish you all the best with that!

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2020

I am planning to spend more time with my 6 year old daughter, and watch any new kids movies with her on Netflix and Prime Video.

And if I get some time for myself, I will spend it watching cricket (India vs Australia) and some of my favorite TV shows on Netflix and Prime Video.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2020

That sounds like a really enjoyable plan!

smansell December 23, 2020

Using the quiet time to develop a presentation around new strategies for our Support and Implementation Departments.  Refocus and regroup for the new year.

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2020

That sounds like a solid plan!  Good Luck!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2020

This Christmas has reigned in the things to look forward to, so I'm trying to get the most out of the things I can do.

Play with the cat more - I've been reading that this is the second best way to make her hunt less when she goes outside (first option is to not let her out at night, which we already do).   Having said that, one of them is pretty rubbish, so this is more an exercise in preventing her improve.  The other one isn't great either - in 11 years we've had 5ish frogs (unharmed, she doesn't quite know what to do with them after bringing them in) and two families of mice.  She loves watching birds, but doesn't hunt them at all.

Lego

Learn a new programming language (which one, not sure yet)

Lego

Tidy my study - during lockdowns, it's become increasingly disorganised as I've spent a lot more time in it trying to work and randomly moving stuff around.  Got some new organising bits for it which will help neaten it, but to use them properly, it's probably best to pull it all out and start again (for an idea of complexity, let's just say there's a 32 port network hub in there and it is not under-used)

Lego

Make space for the Lego in my study

Maybe some Lego

But seriously, my (Lego-obsessed) nephew also plays board games, so we'll be trying to set up some remote sessions, as his parents are not that much of a challenge for him any more, and my better half isn't interested.  Ticket to Ride marathon coming in (I promised no "Pandemic" to my sister though)

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2020

Honestly Nic, after reading all of this I feel like  I need a break and I haven't done anything yet!  Glad to hear you won't be bored during this time ;)

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2020

I am very fortunate. My wife and I got all three of our kids back for Christmas (two were away in college and third lives in Texas). So we are going to hunker down and eat all the cookies and candy that we have been making all day :) We only get them all for two days so we are going to make the most of it. Watch Christmas movies and eat some more...

Happy Holidays @Jimmy Seddon !

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2020

That's amazing! Enjoy spending the holidays with your family!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events