Welcome Wednesday: We’re at the Amusement park, where do you want to go first?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2021

Hello Everyone, and welcome to another wonderful Wednesday! 

The weather has been getting warmer out and the snow has been melting in my part of the world.  This got me thinking about some of the things I would love to do in the warmer months.  One of those, would be taking my son to the amusement park.  He’s getting old enough now that I think we would really enjoy a number of the rides and I always remember having tons of fun myself. 

My question for you this week, what is/was your favorite ride?   

For me personally, I have always enjoyed the bumper cars! 

Now I know that rides aren’t for everyone, maybe you enjoyed the games instead?  Or maybe amusement parks altogether aren’t your thing, what would you rather be doing instead?  Bowling? Going to the movies? 

Let me know in the comments below!

7 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2021
Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2021
Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2021
Like # people like this
Shaun McGuire March 3, 2021

Lead me to the biggest rollercoaster please. And no lines!

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2021

@Shaun McGuire I won't be joining you, but I'll watch from the ground!

I'll be the one in the front seat screaming my fool head off, questioning my life choices :)

Like # people like this
Laura Budge March 3, 2021

Seconding that - biggest rollercoasters - or anyone that involves dropping from ridiculous heights. 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2021

@Shaun McGuire @Laura Budge the follow up question I have for both of you - what is the best roller-coaster you have ever been on?

Malka Jackson [Isos Technology]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 3, 2021

I am a fan of the Tilt-a-whirl at carnivals and the Gravitron. It was always my go to move to flip upside down as the Gravitron was starting to speed up and then slide the seat all the way to the top. There was just something fun about playing with the G-forces and that awesome 80's hair band music.

As for permanent Amusement parks I love roller coasters, free hanging, old wooded ones, twisty turny ones, high speed, upside down flips; give it to me. I want to feel the lift in my stomach as we fly over/under the track. I will be the one you hear giggling the whole ride. 

lacondo doss jr March 3, 2021

i would rahter be swimming in a pool

Like # people like this
lacondo doss jr March 3, 2021

sorry rather lol

Raging Bull at Great America/Six Flags near Chicago

Huy Tran March 3, 2021

Swinging on the swings at the park! Higher!

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2021

@Jimmy Seddon Interesting topic! Personally, I like any water rides if it is an amusement park, and since I am acrophobic, I always avoid high rides like rollercoasters, and Ferris Wheels.

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2021

Roller coasters. Especially wooden ones, although they do a number on my aging neck and back.

giphy

I hate spinning rides.

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 3, 2021

@Darryl Lee spinning rides make me motion sick, can't do that!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 3, 2021

I grew up going to Disneyland, and I always have to go to Adventureland first. Maybe the Tiki Room, maybe the Jungle Cruise, but always start in Adventureland. 

I went years ago with my now-husband and he tried going to Tomorrowland first. I was like ARE YOU INSANE!? THAT'S THE FUTURE. IT'S LAST!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 3, 2021

@Monique vdB I have never been to Disneyland, but I have been to Disney World twice.  If they are anything alike, I agree Adventureland was amazing!

Phillip C March 3, 2021

sounds great!

Like # people like this
SB March 4, 2021

Straight to the bumper cars! I prefer my adrenaline rush to be in the form of finding the best funnel cakes. 

Like # people like this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 5, 2021

Thank you all for your participation! 

Congratulations @Phillip C!  You will be receiving an Atlassian Swag Shop gift code via email shortly.

Like Phillip C likes this
Phillip C March 16, 2021

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon

I received the email and got a nice blue Atlassian tee! Awaiting delivery to wear it round the office! :D

Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2021

Mine would be Freefall, where they would take you to a certain height and then drop off and apply a break right when you are about to hit the group. It gives a great feeling to one's stomach.

Queensland_(5).jpeg

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events