Welcome Wednesday: Has Your Daily Routine Been Affected?

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 14, 2022

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

It's the second full week of September and the kids have been back to school for a bit now and we all know that can cause adjustments to our daily routines. And I'm not just talking about parents, but other who are impacted in an indirect way as well. I'm my younger working days, this has meant taking an earlier bus or driving a alternate route to and from the office to avoid traffic/crowds caused by various education seekers.

For right now, my wife and I have a pretty good routine working that involves walking my son to school and walking the dogs at the same time. However, as our daughter will be starting daycare in November, that will change and we will adapt.

I'm curious to hear from the rest of you. For parents, I know you will have been forced to make adjustments, how is that going? For everyone else, does the fact that kids are back in school impact your daily routine in anyway? If so, what have you chosen to do differently? Let me know in the comments below!

Have a great rest of the week!

2 comments

Comment

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2022

Hi @Jimmy Seddon - for me since I don't have kids and I work from home full time there has been no impact to my life. My boyfriend does commute to work 2 times a week and his commute is about 25 miles. He tells me the traffic is really bad; worse that before Covid so that's not good. Phoenix has become overpopulated now and I bet that the reason for it. 

Have a great day and weekend! 

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2022

@Jimmy Seddon my kids are already older (our youngest is in third grade), so back to school does not change our routines so much. What has changed over time was that when I was a younger parent I was always worried that the school would call and I'd have to run over there ASAP. I would always drive to work so I'd have a car and be in control of my own destiny rather than a slave to mass transit schedules. With my wife now working closer to home and having older kids at home that can help in such situations I have been able to enjoy the less-stress commute taking the train to and from the office four days a week.

And @Summer_Hogan it's amazing how bad the NYC traffic has become post-pandemic. Commutes that used to take 45 minutes now take 1:10. So, the mass-transit switch could not have come at a better time.

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2022

Well @Andy Gladstone it's nice to know someone relates! I don't think our traffic here in Phoenix is as bad as NYC, but it's not good. Speaking of NYC I can't wait! Just 19 days and I'll be there for 6 days to visit my brother! And I get to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and go to the new Harry Potter Flagship Store! I'm so excited!!!!!!

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events