Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Wednesday: Atlassian Team Survival Tips - The Expo Hall

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

The first year I attended the Atlassian Summit Team, I built an agenda entirely of sessions and I didn't plan any time for simply exploring the Expo Hall and all of the vendors.

My mistake was that I went in with the mindset that I don't have any buying power so speaking to vendors is a mistake because I can't commit to anything.

In reality, the vendors aren't looking for a commitment on buying anything. They just want to learn about the business challenges you have and they want to offer solutions they may provide to solve those challenges.

Additionally, Atlassian has booths available for all of there products with experts ready to take your feedback to the product teams and if they can help solve your challenges/questions, they will.

Long story short, pick a few sessions you REALLY want to see live, and be sure to plan plenty of time chatting with people in the Expo hall.

If you happen to see me wandering around, please stop me and say hello!

If you have any other specific tips or questions about the Expo hall, comment below!

Have a great week everyone!

23 comments

Comment

Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2024

Hi @Jimmy Seddon 

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Like # people like this
Tuncay Senturk April 17, 2024

Thanks @Jimmy Seddon

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2024

As one of the people staying only at the Expo Hall, yes guys, please plan time to meet us there 🙏

Like # people like this
Amanda McCauley April 17, 2024

Love meeting with vendors!  Thanks for the tips!

Like # people like this
Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 17, 2024

Would love to meet you @Jimmy Seddon !

Expo pro tip: Most vendors have some cool swag to give away, and they don't want to ship it back home after the expo!

My favourite last year: Socks from EasyAgile! I think they're back at Team24 this year and I can't wait to stop by their booth.

See you all soon!

Like # people like this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 17, 2024

Starbucks... ☕️

Like # people like this
Sarah Bultez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 18, 2024

#WelcomeWednesday !

Like # people like this
Kasun Tharaka April 18, 2024

Thanks!

Like # people like this
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2024

Great tip @Jimmy Seddon !

It can be overwhelming to go and talk to vendors, especially if you're afraid they might just try to sell you their apps. But take the time to listen, have a friendly person-to-person chat, get some swag, and maybe learn something new you can use in the future.

Also: don't just go and run around grabbing swag and not paying any attention at all to vendors. As someone who has manned a booth a many events this behavior feels very ungrateful and predatory.
We're happy to give you swag as long as we get a minute of your time :D

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2024

@Jimmy Seddon this really resonates with me. I find that I sometimes won't visit a vendor if I think that there is no way my company would buy their app/service/solution. But reframing it as discussion instead of discovery will give me greater confidence to approach some of those vendors I would have avoided in the past. 

Thanks!

Like # people like this
Michael McLennan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2024

Great tips!

Like # people like this
yj.seong
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 19, 2024

Thank you!

Like Jimmy Seddon likes this
sarah abd eldaym
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
April 20, 2024

Great tip, Hope one day I can attend it too.

Like # people like this
Zim __Appfire__
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 21, 2024

Wonderful tips and a great mindset going into the Expo Hall!

Like # people like this
Atangan, Mark Anthony V April 22, 2024

Thanks for sharing!

Like # people like this
Jeffrey Dizon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2024

Thanks for the tips!

Like # people like this
Jack Hughes April 24, 2024

Sounds great!

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2024

Thanks for the advice @Jimmy Seddon! I look forward to meeting all the vendors, especially the ones I work with on the community! 

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2024

@Jimmy Seddon - quick question. Do you typically carry a backpack around the expo hall to carry all your swag in? 

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2024

@Summer_Hogan YES!  But I have it for more than just swag.  I also have some of the survival supplies I talked about in a post at the beginning of the month (water bottle, chapstick, lozenges, etc.) 

Like Summer_Hogan likes this
Klemen Urankar April 25, 2024

Thanks.

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2024

Great! Thanks @Jimmy Seddon!

Stijn Veer_ van der April 30, 2024

Thanks for sharing!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events