Hello from dana!

DanaC February 6, 2018

Hello!

Long time lurker, and occasional post(er) before the split and redesign.. Whats on my desk is pretty sparse nowadays.  We moved to "neighborhoods" so we have a set of floors our department/teams are on, but its pretty much up in air where you sit now from day to day.  Its more free then "open" i guess. 

So anyway my coffee mug/thermo are are always on my desk, and i don't go anywhere with out my wireless keyboard, mouse, and headset.. I despise!!! repeat despise wires!!

/dana

2 comments

Comment

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 7, 2018

@DanaC, welcome back! The community is 🔥 these days so I hope to see you around.

I've heard that called "hot desking" and it sounds unsettling to me. Do people kind of have their "usual" desks after a while?

DanaC February 7, 2018

I want to think of it a bit of hybrid of the open spaces.. I mean it is, but we have 4 or 5 different configurations of desks, standups, meeting areas, conference rooms, etc..  We have a designated floor that we get mail, but otherwise its more or less first come first desk from day to day.. So you can sit anywhere you want, but yes some people do settle into a desk they seem to always end every morning.  Since changing teams I have been trying to be more "mobile", especially to find more warmer spots on campus :)

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2018

Hi Dana,

Welcome onboard! Glad to have you there and hope we'll read more of your content soon! I love the open spaces concept which we're also applying here (in a bank, pretty surprising). What kind of industry are you working in?

Cheers

DanaC February 7, 2018

Hi Micky,

I have worked in the financial/insurance industry for a better part of 25 years. I work on the team that provides guidance, and tooling essentially let developers for the rest of the company do their jobs. That included the Atlassian suite of course. I picked up the ACP-500 (as a beta) last year as well, currently looking at some Cloud based as i work more in them and how they relate to how developers release applications on-prem..

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2018

Great, looks like our jobs are very similar! Have you been switching between companies a lot or did you stay in a company or two during your career?

How did you feel about ACP-500? Did not take it yet, but planning on it!
I feel you on the Cloud vs OnPrem issue, contexts with both are rare and building extended knowledge on both is therefore tricky!

Anyway, again welcome and your input will be appreciated!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
February 8, 2018

@DanaC we have a Finance interest group to connect with fellow users in that industry, and I know @Thomas Schlegel works in insurance as well! 

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2018

Hi @DanaC, Monique's right, I work for an insurance company in Germany. 

Your job-description is very similar to mine. I'm also responsible for tools and toys for developers and clerks, administrating Atlassian tools, svn and git, jenkins, such old-fashioned things like powerbuilder (it's a programming language), take care of 1600 users and their problems.

Great to have you here in our community!

DanaC February 8, 2018

I’ve been at the same company for 24 years actually :). I was originally hired as a Powerbuilder programmer back in the day before I got into admin of Unix machines for specific purposes of standing up developer tools and things for first mainframe programmers ( though I only know jcl to be dangerous but can read cobol, just don’t like it :)

Other yes I am deep knee in providing tooling and process to make the developers more productive. 

I have shifted into more a cloud pioneering/hybrid *aaS role now but still involved in all things Atlassian for the foreseeable future. 

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 9, 2018

Interest career, mainframe technologies have always caught my curiosity, learnt COBOL and DB2 + CICS on a locally hosted Mainframe for "fun" :-P

Great to know more about you!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events