Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Fun - May The Fourth Be With You

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2024

Wait! It's the day AFTER Team '24 and this post isn't about Team? Really? Who is this guy? 

Read on.

Anyone who knows me or follows my posts in the Community is aware that I am a pretty big Star Wars fan. Seen the original trilogy over 150 times in succession, quotes it like the bible, and is always looking for ways to apply the lexicon from Star Wars in the Community. And this post is no exception to that rule.

Obi Wan Kenobi explains the force to Luke Skywalker he tells him:

Well, the Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

Is there any more apt a description for the Atlassian Community?

Are we not bound together as one like the Force?

But binding together is not enough if we don't work together. Luke needed Han, Han needed Chewbacca, C-3PO needed R2-D2, even Vader needed Obi-Wan.

It takes TEAMwork to make the DREAMwork as they say.

So I ask you today, what is your favorite dynamic duo, trio or even larger team - and why? How did they compliment each other and create an energy filed that bound them together. It does not need to be from the Star Wars Universe. It can be real or fictional. But share with us a Team you have learned from or would want to emulate or be a part of.

Have a great weekend - for all of those that were at Team '24 - it's back to work on Monday!

7 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2024

The Lone Ranger and Tonto.

Or maybe Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck 🤣

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2024

Both excellent choices, both similarly complimentary.

Like John Funk likes this
Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 4, 2024

This isn't necessarily "MY" favorite, but I enjoy watching it with my kids and I think the point is one that I want to share.  The Paw Patrol, is a team of experts whose sum is greater than it's individual parts.  Much like all of us in the Community, we all have specific product knowledge that collectively allow us to be able to solve any problem.  To quote the tag line: "No pup is too small, no problem is too big".  I think that is very true. 

Have a great weekend everyone!

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2024

You took this in an unexpected direction. I guess the community is basically like Paw Patrol - Whenever you're in trouble, just yelp for help!

Like # people like this
Vronik May 6, 2024

A few years ago I was in a fantastic team, we were like a perfectly synchronized car machinery, the problem was when the chassis of that team (leader) added a part that was not from the brand of car that we strengthened and finally ended up being destroyed
But while it lasted, it was a pleasant experience, we all learned from each other, we shared knowledge, anecdotes and it could be said that even despite the workload we were happy

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2024

Funny, we often use a similar metaphor in our company. 'There is no point in having a Ferrari if you put a Ford Taurus engine in it.'

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2024

I would say the hockey team representing Team USA in the 1980 Lake Placid Olympics. Not only did this team of completely amateur athletes come together for a great win, but they also brought the entire country together.  

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 6, 2024

I DO believe in miracles!

Like # people like this
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2024

My favorite team was the 1987 & 1991 Minnesota Twins for winning the World Series.

"And we'll see you tomorrow night!!!"

Like # people like this
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 10, 2024

Not sure I can pick just one.

Daffy Duck teaming up in any cartoon with Porky Pig is great. 

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2024

Sorry I'm late to this post, but had to chime in with my Harry Potter love again! I choose Harry, Hermione and Ron! They are coined the Golden Trio for a reason because not only did they fight the purest evil, but they also compliment each other's weaknesses and fill in the gaps for each other. 

Like Andy Gladstone likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events