Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday Fun - Lunch, Lunch and Today's all about lunch

Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2024

17.jpg

Hello Atlassian's - Happy Friday!!

Today's all about lunch, but not just any lunch!

Today, the first Friday in May is School Lunch Hero Day, a day to celebrate the amazing people who fuel our days with delicious meals.

Remember those cafeteria lunches? From trading sandwiches for cookies to the surprise ice cream treat on a hot day, school lunches weren't just meals – they were experiences!

Can you still taste the legendary hot dog and soup combo on a cold day? It was pure comfort food magic!

Let's share some memories!

• Did you ever trade your lunch with a friend?
  • Do you have a favorite school lunch memory?
  • Who remembers the joy of a surprise ice cream on a hot day?

Did you know these meals were made by our dedicated School Lunch Heroes?

Maybe you even thanked them with a note or a poster? Let's use today as a chance to recall about those delicious meals and the incredible team who made them happen!

So, what are your favorite School Lunch Hero memories? Share them below!

With that we all are signing of this week work to start our weekend!!

5 comments

Comment

Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2024

All I can think of is the cafeteria scene at the end of Shazam where Superman walks in carrying a lunch tray.

Like # people like this
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2024

Perfect!

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2024

Ahh, it was the Spring of 1985 and the Coca-Cola company was losing market share.  Someone in marketing must have decided it was time for a change and come up with something new.

New Coke was born and in order to celebrate, dropped of cases of the stuff at school and surprisingly, for one day, we had it for lunch!  

Well, we all know how that turned out as 3 months later 'Coca-Cola Classic' was soon on the shelves, but that was quite a surprise for lunch!

Like # people like this
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2024

Interesting to hear the story from a few decades back!

Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2024

A shout out to all the lunch ladies from my elementary & high school years!  In at the crack of dawn and making pizza, hot dish, and all other sorts of creations at the crack of dawn from scratch, then cleaning up everything only to go through the same process the next morning.

Like # people like this
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2024

Greatly said.

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2024

No doubt!  And it seemed to be a thankless job ~ those "lunch ladies" were angels for having to deal with a bunch of unruly kids.  LOL

Like # people like this
Barbara Szczesniak
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2024

I did not often buy lunch when I was in elementary school—with the exception of pizza day. Every day, however, I did go through the line and buy a carton of milk (for 5 cents). Occasionally, we were allowed to get chocolate milk, which was a real treat. I think that was your choice of beverage—whole milk, chocolate whole milk, or nothing. 

Like # people like this
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2024

What a sweet memory!

Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2024

ah ~ I remember the special chocolate milk days!  Those WERE a treat!  🍫🥛

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 10, 2024

We need to bring back ice cream trucks.  I remember them coming around the neighborhood in the summer.  You would hear the song a couple blocks away, scramble to find enough change for a treat and race outside so you did not miss them when they came by.  

Like Humashankar VJ likes this
Humashankar VJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 10, 2024

Hi @Brant Schroeder - 

Totally agree! Ice cream trucks were the highlight of my summer days too! The Blast from the past is real.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events