Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I have an email file attached to a card, how do I open that attachment in Outlook by default?

Glenn Smith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 25, 2024

Using desktop version of Trello app for Mac OS.  If I've saved a .eml file as an attachment to a card and I want to later open that attachment, how do I get Trello to open it in Outlook by default?  Note -- I already have Outlook set as the default email reader in System Settings on my Mac.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 1, 2024

Hi @Glenn Smith - welcome to the Community!

I believe you would need to look at your Mac settings for this. I recommend having a read through this discussion on Apple's site: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253799047?sortBy=best

Glenn Smith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 2, 2024

Alex -- Thanks, I hadn't realized that it wasn't enough to go into the Mail application and change the default email handler to Outlook.  In addition, I needed to also make a change in Finder so that it opened all .eml files in Outlook as well.  (Apple's reputation as a "walled garden" is still safe.)  All is working as desired now.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events