Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible for a dropdown list do generate values?

Thomas Saayman August 16, 2022

Hi im a manager at a granite and marble manufacturing company.

I would like to know if i have a dropdown list with certain projects that need to be cut. Is it possible for that dropdown list to generate values for the different cutting sizes?

Would Really like if it was possible let me know. That is the only thing i need for Trello to be our database at our company. Would really like to hear from you.

On another note is there a way you can give certain people only access to change certain properties on a card?

Greetings Thomas

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Allen -Amazing PowerUps-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

You may be able to get a bit closer using the Amazing Fields powerup.  You would still need to define the values you want for dropdown options, but it would give you the ability to adjust editing permissions, change styling, and a bunch of other options.

0 votes
Answer accepted
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2022

@Thomas Saayman 

Dropdown list while you can add and remove items via api it applies to all cards on the board. I suggest you use a checklist to contain that kind of details. There is a smart fields power up. There may be something you can use there. 

It is not recommend to use Trello as a database. While you can keep data in custom fields it does not have feeds of a database. Having said that you always use http request to fetch/update a database. 

intra board permission is limited on Trello. What you want is not supported. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events