Weekly/Daily priorities when working across multiple boards/projects (work/home life)

Kelsa Robinson June 20, 2019

Please share best practices for staying organized with weekly/daily tasks when working with several different boards and projects.  I love Trello and use it for everything from personal (grocery lists and chores, health matters and bills) to business (multiple boards for work projects).   I struggle with figuring out how to keep all of my daily and weekly priorities organized.   Sometimes I'm listing everything that I need to do in one board called Weekly priorities.  Sometimes, I'm working within a project board specifically.  But it gets really messy.  And sometimes I just stop using Trello all together because it confuses me....should I work within a project board, or just prioritized my whole life in one board.  I'm even having a hard time explaining this issue.  I know I can move cards between boards and this helps somewhat.  But I have SO MUCH GOING ON all the time.  It's hard to stay on top of everything. 

Please share tips on what works for you guys!

Thank you!

2 comments

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2019

@Kelsa Robinson this is why I created Benko Board:

https://trello.com/integrations/#/benkoboard

The methodology I use for organising the board is detailed in this article I wrote on "task shortlisting":

https://www.theprocedurepeople.com/blog/2019/01/23/shortlist-your-tasks/

Katrin Anger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2019

Hi @Kelsa Robinson

I totally get where you are at. - I'd recommend not to put everything into one board. It only gets cluttered quickly and won't help you in organizing yourself.

Instead, I'd recommend to create a board for different aspects of your life, and create something like a dashboard, where information from those individual can flow selectively into this dashboard. For setting up the dashboard, you could use one of the Power-Ups, like Unito or Butler.

I found this multi-level approach to be VERY helpful in not loosing track of the smaller tasks and deadlines. - Let me know if you have more questions.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events