Taco Tuesday: a very Taco Holiday

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 30, 2021

It is the third day of Hannukah and Christmas is coming up soon! Along with other holidays like Solstice, Kwanzaa, and of course the New Year. This year I decided to set up a simple Trello board to plan my gift-giving and other holiday to-dos. It looks like this:

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 8.59.32 AM.png

Mine is very basic (drag the card from one category to the next until my gifts are all ready to go).  Does anyone else use Trello to organize their holidays or year-end planning and if so what does your board look like? Anyone plan their holiday feasts or fruitcake baking with Trello?

Let us know and it could be your turn to win a stuffed Taco!

6 comments

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

@Monique vdB i do as well! Mine looks very similar to yours - linear flow of to buy, buying, bought, wrapped, delivered, etc.

image.png

Some additional ways I like to use it: 

- if I'm shopping for stuff with a partner or family member, I'll assign them to the card so its easier to divy out the load (this year I'm being a control freak and doing all the shopping 😂)

- Package Tracker Power-Up for tracking all the things I've ordered online

- Brainstorming ideas in the comments/card description and attaching links to things

- I also use custom fields and number stats power-up to track how much i am budgeting vs spending on gifts

(I walk through it a little more in detail in this post.)

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 30, 2021

Shouldn't be surprised yours is next-level! I love it!

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2021

IMG-20211127-WA0002.jpgIMG-20211127-WA0005.jpgIMG-20211127-WA0004.jpg

When Peggy met Taco. She wasn't sure at first but she loves him now. Thanks @Monique vdB for another great giveaway

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
November 30, 2021

OMG Peggy could not be cuter!!!

Like Liam Green likes this
Alex Waite
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2021

OMG @Liam Green - how cute! 

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2021

Wow, so cute! Lovely frames @Liam Green !

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

Oh mæ! What breed is it @Liam Green 

Michaela Staffova December 9, 2021

Boy oh boy, this is way too adorable! Please please give Peggy a belly rub for me @Liam Green 

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2021

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen she is a pug x shih tzu. She's small for both breeds though and just the sweetest thing.

@Michaela Staffova she said thank you very much, she enjoys a belly rub. She also had a little tickle behind the ears because she loves those too

Like # people like this
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 6, 2021

Introductions are done! Blue and Taco are now very good friends!!! Thank you very much @Monique vdB and all #AtlassianTeam! We love having our own Taco plushie 💙🐺. 

photo_2021-12-06_18-33-30.jpg

Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2021

Blue looks happy with new pal Taco! @Paloma Fondon Araujo - thanks for sharing.

Like Paloma Fondon Araujo likes this
Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 6, 2021

Hi @Monique vdB 

I have used this "Weekly to Do" template that I found somewhere alot lately. I really like it. Not too many columns (I reduced from 5 to 3) so I don't have to be too square in my planning.

Trelloaa.jpg

I´m yet to move to the Christmas work but I think I will use this template.

KGM

Like # people like this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
December 7, 2021

@Kristján Geir Mathiesen outside of work I use a paper notebook for a to do list and I also do Monday-Tuesday and Wednesday-Thursday. I have "Friday + weekend" as my last one.  I really like the balance of structure and flexibility!

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 7, 2021

That is cool! I try to get Sundays off but I totally see your point. I actually started reducing the columns because the board was too wide for the browser window. It wasn't until I started to use the board that I experienced the benefit of the flexibility. And I really like the backlog (To Do column) as well. Thanks for sharing @Monique vdB 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2021

@Monique vdB I seriously need to switch from Confluence to Trello as it is more convenient.

This is my board as there are 2 stores who liked my items and I am working on their orders.

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 4.22.41 PM.png

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2021

Love it!

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 10, 2021
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

I am doing a very poor job with my orders. Swamped with work, I have to dedicate a whole day to get some deliveries on time. 🥵🥵

Kristján Geir Mathiesen
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2021

New kid on the block! The initiation into the brothahood only took 0.3 sec. I did get Brúnó to sit still for the photo though...

brothahood.jpg

Taco is fine, he is a tough nut. Very agile...

Thanks @Monique vdB  

Like # people like this
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2021

Oohhh I love those three! 😍😍

Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2021

Adorable dogs!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events