Allow Observers attachment to a card they are assigned. Make them a one way type of member

Keruchan September 21, 2021

I'm on my planning phase on creating a great trello board for my small business. And im planning to utilize the 'observer' part of it.

Where I want my lower tier employees (delivery guy, the packagers) to attach a proof of work. (photos) to the card they were assigned.

But I do not want them editing any other part of the board. Which is why the observer attract my attention. (problem is they can't attach photos)

After a day of thorough research.
There's no luck. even card email {variables} doesn't exist (or deliberately remove by trello).

At the end I might settle on manually adding card mail on description.

--------------------

But for the last time.

Can we have atleast observer be able to attach files 'only to a card they were assigned?'

I'm not sure if observer can edit their own comment as im still on drafting phase. Havent use my 14 day trial yet.

But I suggest trello observer be a one way type of user. They can send comment and attachment but they can't undo it. They can't edit anything in any way including their own comment and attachment.

1 comment

milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2021

@Keruchan 

Yes with ios shortcut and automation.

The result a card with a is a link uploaded image or a dropbox link (this will show the image with the Dropbox Power Up)

Keruchan September 22, 2021

I do not know the level of literacy of your low tier worker in your country. 

But here in the third world country most low tier workers lack on that field.

They use phone only to use facebook, youtube and tiktok.  They rarely use email.  As a matter of fact when i ask them 'how did you register in facebook then?' they answered.. 'I use my phone number'

They don't even know they have google drive at all.  You will be shock to know that some of them asking me. 'if I deleted facebook, would all my photos be deleted?'. I answered 'yes'. He ask a question back at me.  'all my photos in my phone?'  #facepalm. 

This is a reason why the observer feature attract my attention.  I do not want in any way for the workflow to get compromise by accidentally editing card information. 

So now that you understand such. You now understand how hard for small business to level up.   You need to be considerate before applying a new way of doing things. 

------------

I can now proceed explaining why I choose trello. 

Being a U.X designer with basic programming skills I can use jira, asana, monday or any app.  

But the low tier worker will get easily overwhelm with them. 

Which is why I choose trello

The workers easily understand that it is like a bulletin board. 

It is visually appealing and awesome. Its a good start to apply a new way of doing things. 

As a matter of fact clicking an email in trello card comments or description will open your gmail compose U.I. 

and that was awesome. Its another good start to introduce them to gmail and get use to it

Your suggestion on the other hand take so much steps for them to get used to not to mention privacy of my customer (shipping information) getting saved to someone's drive. 

If only there is a card email {variables} to automate posting card unique email add to the description Or comment. 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events