Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, Trello & Self-Development!

Hello,

The February theme is Trello, and I would like to tell You about how this products helps me.

Soft-Development

- No, for this task I use JIRA+Bitbucket. Once upon a time, I had been evaluating Trello for soft development and I found that JIRA +Bitbucket covered all my needs. But I found that Trello is a very smart and pretty Kanban board. For my personal tasks this is very helpful. Off course , it is possible use the JIRA kanban board with some my own project, but the JIRA has over-killed functionality (I mean for my personal tasks).
It is also important for me that Trello is a service (you do not need a host, purchase, update, etc.). For personal use it is free.

Self-Development

So, I created 5 issue templates to reflect 5 skill levels. I create a issue for every idea, task, e.g. just if I find some interesting book but do not have time to read it right now. I put all these issues in the backlog column. Then once a week I determine which one I would like to do in the next month or week.

trello.PNG

Now all week I’m just checking one “week” column, and I don’t have to think about other issues anymore. Finally, from time to time, I simply archive the 'Done' column. 

I'm not sure that I use Trello correctly, but I believe that we ourselves must determine how best to use the tools :)

P.S. I'm using method from a book 'Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity'.

Best regards,

Andrey

1 comment

Erica Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2020

@Andrew Thanks so much for sharing how you use these tools, Andrew! And I couldn't agree with you more: There is no "right" way — it's all about how they work best for you. 😄

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events