Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do your boards have you feeling the blues? Prepare to spark new joy with color & collapsible lists!

Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 1.12.59 PM.png

We love listin Trello! Soon you'll be able to brighten the bleakest of boards with new color. Not only will you be able to give your boards the visual makeover they need, but you can keep your lists and workflows organized using color as a visual cue. Do you live life on the dark [mode] side? List colors work there as well!

We also know that boards with a lot of lists can get unwieldy, so we're introducing a new capability to collapse and expand lists. This feature is personal to you and won't affect your co-workers views. Want to focus on a specific part of your board and avoid any distractions? Now you can collapse the lists that are less relevant to you, and expand them back up when you need them. No more long horizontal scroll!

These new features will be available for lists on boards in workspaces on Standard, Premium, and Enterprise plans. Not yet on those plans? Start a free trial today!

Want to collapse and expand lists in the mobile experience? Let us know in the comments below.

52 comments

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2024

Thanks for the update! This is really cool - was just saying the other day how there aren't really any great ways to collapse a list if you need it to stay available but be out of the way. And styling up the board with colors if always fun too!

Also - would DEFINITELY love to see this in mobile app! Things get a bit crowded on my phone fast 😂

Like # people like this
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2024

YES to this!!!

I love it...

@Alex Are list colour attributes and status (collapsed or open) going to be added to the API?

Like # people like this
Alex
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2024

@Dreamsuite Mike - Thanks! We're pretty excited about it too :-)  List color attributes will be available in the API, but collapsed or expanded state will not because that setting is client side.

Like # people like this
freshlygrazed February 22, 2024

Let's gooooooo. It took a while, but glad this is now on the radar. My efficiency will go up by 17%. Thanks.

Like # people like this
Danny_GVL February 22, 2024

👍🎉

Like # people like this
Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2024

Want to collapse and expand lists in the mobile experience? Let us know in the comments below.

Yes please 📱😉

Like # people like this
Alicia Filíu Birlanga
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 22, 2024

Yes please!!!! I love it!!!

Like # people like this
Patrick Honegger February 22, 2024

Well done. It took much too long to bring some color on the lists, but the solution you bring is really nice. Especially the fact, that lists will now be collapsible.

Like # people like this
Roberto February 23, 2024

Tutto questo quando sarà disponibile ?

Like Alex likes this
Jeff Manthei
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 23, 2024

Yes.  Definitely need this in mobile.

Like Alex likes this
Alex
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2024

@Roberto - tieni gli occhi aperti a fine marzo

Translated: Keep your eyes peeled at the end of March. :-) 

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 25, 2024

I love it!

Like Alex likes this
Tymek February 26, 2024

This is so cool! Sometimes I just want to narrow the scope of visible cards without filtering/archiving them so it will be perfect.

Like # people like this
Timothy Overturf February 29, 2024

Definitely would like to see this (and as many other features as possible) in mobile; most of my work is done via mobile!

Like # people like this
Leland Jones
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 29, 2024

Yes please add this functionality to the mobile app.

Like # people like this
John Rubino March 3, 2024

Are these features avalible yet?

Like Summer_Hogan likes this
Patrick Honegger March 3, 2024

Will be available by end of march, they said.

Like # people like this
Jill Barton March 4, 2024

Absolutely, yes!  When will they roll out?

jeremy woods
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 4, 2024

Great features. I have a related request. Does anyone know where I could leave or discuss an official request? 

Please update the label edit interface (checklist) so I can reorder the items similar to the checklist inside a card. Stretch goal, lol, can you add a description/notes field on each label for use-case details. 

Like # people like this
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 4, 2024

@jeremy woods you can make feature requests here! https://trello.com/contact

Like # people like this
Alex
Atlassian Team
March 5, 2024

@John Rubino and @Jill Barton - Look out for these features later this month!

Like # people like this
Pei Chin March 7, 2024

Is this yet another feature that only works for JIRA software but not JIRA work management?

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2024

Love new features like this! 

Like Alex likes this
Alex
Atlassian Team
March 7, 2024

@Pei Chin - This feature is for Trello only. 

Dreamsuite Mike
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 7, 2024

@Pei Chin Jira is wayyyy too serious for this much fun...

Trello is where the cool kids hang out 😎 🤣

Like # people like this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events