Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACP-100 - up-to-date info

Sebastian B March 21, 2024

Could you please offer some insights into the current state (if you will) of ACP-100 exam, which provides the ACP-JA certification badge? The link below is the official page, from 2021:

https://university.atlassian.com/student/page/837225-acp-100-jira-administration-for-data-center-and-server-exam

I am pursuing a certification that would prove my Jira administration/expertise skills (as someone who is already working with Jira). Here are some questions I have:

1. Would you say that it still makes sense to pass ACP-100 in 2024 or would it be best to take another exam or even wait for further announcements?
  2. I am looking for a more thorough definition of what is expected of me for the ACP-100 exam. Could you share any more official material other than linked here? https://university.atlassian.com/student/page/837225-acp-100-jira-administration-for-data-center-and-server-exam The sample items pdf is quite beneficial, however, considering the main page is from 2021, I am just wondering how updated and simply relevant in 2024 this is.

Thank you,

4 answers

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2024

@Sebastian Baginski I am with the certification team at Atlassian university, and I can confirm that the exam is still relevant for Jira Admins working on DC today. Though the main page is from 2021, the sample questions are recent. As others have indicated already below, just be sure to have hands-on experience and go through all the explanations for all sample questions - both the right and wrong answers, as these will help you a lot.

1 vote
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2024

Hi @Sebastian Baginski ,

I have passed ACP-100 in January. I can confirm the documents provided by Atlassian are up to date.

Hi @Hana Kučerová

thank you for pinching in and offering your insight. May I ask how was the exam for you? Was it really pushing-challenging or just challenging enough? 

Did you use any other learning resources?

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2024

@Sebastian Baginski My situation was a little bit unusual. I started with ACP-120, where the prep course is available. I also took two udemy tests. After I passed it I continued with ACP-100, where a lot of topics are very similar.

Some of the questions are difficult and you need to have deep knowledge  of the product and also hands-on experience is very important.

I work with Jira on a daily basis for a few years, so I didn’t have any problem to pass both exams. 

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2024

hello @Hana Kučerová , I am planning to go for this certification as well.

How close to the exam is this 100 question sample for DC admin ?

Usually I try to find out some reliable Blank test exam on th topic, but could not find for those.

Thnaks for your feedback

regards

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 18, 2024

Hi @serge calderara ,

yes, they are close to the exam.

Like Joanna Thurmann likes this
0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2024

@Sebastian Baginski 
Same topics are still relevant. I completed this exam last year.
Mainly you should have practical knowledge working as a jira admin in server/data center version. Take sample test and see their explanations. Read the questions correctly before answering. 

Great, thank you for confirming @Rilwan Ahmed

what are your exam impressions? Was it really challenging or manageable?

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2024

If you have experience as jira admin, then you just need to read carefully the question and understand them. Just theory knowledge will not help in passing the exam.

Like Sebastian B likes this
0 votes
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 21, 2024

Hi @Sebastian Baginski ,

ACP-100 is still valid. Presently there are 2 groups of certification now. See what best suits you. 

1. Atlassian Certified Associate - 2 Certifications
    https://university.atlassian.com/student/catalog/list?category_ids=33661-associate-certifications

2. Atlassian Certified Professional - 6 certifications
    https://university.atlassian.com/student/catalog/list?category_ids=21735-professional-certifications

Hi @Rilwan Ahmed

thank you for your reply. Please see my question no. 2 specifically - what I mean is that the info on ACP-100 main page is now 3 years old. I would simply like to be reassured that the info there & sample questions are still up to date if I would like to approach the exam this year and pass it successfully. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events