Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🌸The Power of Kaizen: One Minute for a Better You

Hey Atlassian Community! It’s Hind from Jaanga, and I'm about to steal a minute of your time for something that might bring joy to your daily routine. Ready to hit pause on the clock? Let me share a one-minute exercise that can bring you delight and satisfaction. Okay, one minute is over, but the real fun is just about to start! :wink:

SM Posts (23).png

I've always found Japanese culture to be fascinating, and in my research, I learned something you might find interesting. Ever heard of the Japanese word, Kaizen? - ‘kai’ for (change) and ‘zen’ for (wisdom). It's more than just a word; it's a one-minute secret to self-improvement that's beautifully simple. The idea behind this practice is that a person should practice doing something for a single minute, every day at the same time. The trick? The more you feel you’re accomplishing something, the more time you’ll want to spend on it. It's like a mini ninja routine for your day!

Now, what can you do in those magical 60 seconds? Check these out:

• Mindful Breathing: Practice a minute of mindful breathing to center yourself. 4 counts in, 4 counts hold, 4 counts out. Ah, refreshing!

• Stretching Routine: Dedicate a minute to stretch your body. Roll your neck, reach for the sky, and get a tension-free minute.

• Express Kindness: Shoot a quick appreciation message or compliment to a colleague or friend. Who doesn’t love a positivity boost?

• Quick Desk/Board Clean-up: Organize your workspace for a minute, or you can refine tasks on your Trello or even Jira board. A tidy desk/board can enhance focus and productivity.

• Learn a Word: Expand your vocabulary by learning a new word each day. Spend a minute understanding it, and voila—smarter in 60!

• Laugh Break: Watch a short, funny video or recall a humorous memory with your team members. Laughter is a great stress-buster.

• Ideas Shared-Space: Create a Confluence page for quick knowledge-sharing within the team! You can contribute short, one-minute reads insights and useful tips.

Try practicing Kaizen at work - create 60 seconds of routine that will bring you joy and satisfaction. These tiny moments? They're the gems that make you, well, you!

Have you tried the Kaizen challenge before? Tell us about your minute-to-win-it experiences!

12 comments

Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro March 14, 2024

I love that. Thank you so much for sharing these fantastic tips as a Kaizen practice.

Have a lovely day, @Hind Kadiri From Jaanga

😍🙌😊

Like Hind Kadiri From Jaanga likes this
Hind Kadiri From Jaanga
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 14, 2024

You're very welcome @Patrícia Fortunato Montenegro ! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the tips. Have a fantastic rest of the week.

Linda Paulson March 14, 2024

Love this! Just acted on this with Mindful Breathing. Thank you @Hind 

Hind Kadiri From Jaanga
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 15, 2024

You're welcome @Linda Paulson !

Vronik March 18, 2024

It has been practical for many years and it would be impossible for me to live without it and I do it for much more than 60 seconds

Hind Kadiri From Jaanga
Marketplace Partner
March 18, 2024

Good Job @Vronik Keep up the good work! and thank you for the comment.

Like Vronik likes this
Mel Policicchio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2024

I love all these ideas! This is much better than scrolling between meetings =)

Hind Kadiri From Jaanga
Marketplace Partner
March 27, 2024

Yeah absolutely @Mel Policicchio 😂

AG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2024

@Hind Kadiri From Jaanga Amazing!!! love it!!

Hind Kadiri From Jaanga
Marketplace Partner
March 28, 2024

Thank you @AG ! Glad to hear that you liked it

Josh Shepherd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2024

I love this concept. As one who gets easily distracted by the net challenge, it's easy to slip into the routine of mindless 8h or back to back meetings.

One thing our team is working on is scheduling all meetings to start 5 minutes late. So a meeting might run from 10:05 - 11:00. Now there isn't currently a way for Google Calendar to automatically default to that so we rely on everyone to practice it. Now Google does have a way to default all meetings to end 5-minutes early (10:00 - 10:55) but we found that it was just re-absorbed quickly as everyone was programmed to keep talking until the end of the half-hour. 

This article is a great way to make use of these 5-minute blocks! I will be trying more myself.

Hind Kadiri From Jaanga
Marketplace Partner
April 8, 2024

@Josh Shepherd , I liked the idea of starting all meetings 5 min late! Guess we should merge our techniques xD Thank you for your comment!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events