Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Teamwork Tuesday #2: 1,000 days of distributed at Atlassian

Teamwork Tuesday is here! ๐ŸŒฎ

This time we'll deep dive into the report - 1000 days of distributed at Atlassian.

Atlassian is a massive advocate of distributed work and Team Anywhere.

Last week, we talked about organizing your days to focus on high-impact work, which is also covered in the report. But what caught my eye this time were insights about the effects of in-person team gatherings.

Although 92% of Atlassians feel that our distributed work policy is a game-changer for their productivity, there is clear evidence that getting together with the team from time to time impacts our productivity and sense of togetherness.

Have a look ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘€

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 16.30.47.png

Intentional team gatherings boost feelings of connection by 27%, lasting a solid 4-5 months. New hires and fresh grads find these particularly beneficial.

But the group size also makes a difference. Smaller groups tend to help with creating more intimate relationships.

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 16.31.07.png

๐Ÿค” Thinking about this, it doesn't come as a surprise. Last year, I had an opportunity to connect with a large team (over 80 people), and it was a great help with creating cross-team relationships and understanding organizational structure. A week-long offsite saved me months of figuring out!

๐Ÿ‘€ How about you? Did you have any in-person team gatherings last year? Have you seen any benefits?

1 comment

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2024

My team and I at Atlassian did this years before it was cool :)

We worked fully remotely and tried to come together in an office around the world once per quarter.
I loved it as it gave us the opportunity to deeply connect regularly, both with each other and with other teams located in the office we visited.

And it gave us the freedom to work from home and serve our world wide community the rest of the time.

Like โ€ข Andy Gladstone likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events