Team-managed backlog browser search intercepted and turned into a filter - need search

Larry Allen September 6, 2021

In a Team-managed project, for some reason a browser search action is intercepted and turned into a filter action. This is driving me nuts. When I do a search in the backlog I want it to search, not filter, so that I can find the issue in location context in the backlog. This is a severe efficiency killer. Please fix! It works as it should in company projects. Thank you.

2 comments

Larry Allen September 6, 2021

I tried the shortcut keyboard option and also turning off shortcuts (temporarily), but neither worked. Atlassian foolishly hijacked the browser's Cmd/Ctrl-F. Not cool. Someone suggested a solution that does work, but is extra friction: tap the browser's kebab menu (3-dot menu) and then tap Find.

Atlassian, arrest the hijacker and give us back our browser search. If you want a filter option, then add a filter icon.

Larry Allen September 7, 2021

Atlassian support noted for me that Cmd/Ctrl-G (find next) is a workaround. Now to deal with muscle memory until this is fixed...

Larry Allen October 7, 2021

Sigh. The "Cmd/Ctrl-G" find next workaround does not work in the backlog unless the target is in the viewable part of the screen. If the target is above or below the fold, it doesn't find it. Apparently even if I scroll to the bottom to load all of the backlog, it cannot be found by the browser unless it is in view. PLEASE Atlassian! Give us back Cmd/Ctrl-F!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events