Suggestion for next-gen subtasks : filter epic + grouping by subtasks

newLab_Olivier June 19, 2019

Hello,

In next-gen, we are fast ready with what it got : filter by epic, grouping by subtasks.

Just one is missing : when filtering an epic, grouping by subtasks "disappears" => you see only the user story attached to the filtered epic. It seems that subtasks are filtered out as if they were not part of the epic (their parent user story is).

Thanks for your support

2 comments

Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2019

Thanks @newLab_Olivier - we're on it and will have this resolved soon

Michael David July 25, 2019

@Eoin What is the ETA for this resolution? I see this is still an issue on the board. I assume this is categorized as a bug and not a new feature request. 

Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2019

@Michael David @newLab_Olivier we had to move our focus to a problem with the assign to parent modal and this will be picked up in our next sprint (starting Monday) instead. Thanks for pinging

Henry Su
Atlassian Team
August 8, 2019

Hey @newLab_Olivier 

Thanks for patience. We've just finished rolling out a fix for this, so you should now be able to group by subtasks and use epic filter together. If you have any more questions, please let us know :)

Mateja Jermanis October 19, 2021

Hi @Henry Su I have now the same problem.
I'm trying to filter by epic while in the view group-by-subtask, however, no task with subtasks is shown.

It's like it does not recognise that the subtasks are a part of the epic, even though their parent task is.

Mark Z
Atlassian Team
October 25, 2021

Hi @Mateja Jermanis, thanks for your comment! We tried to reproduce this issue, but it works on our side. Are you using a team-managed project or a company-managed project? Do you have any additional filters selected?

Mateja Jermanis October 26, 2021

Hi @Mark Z ! Thanks for the reply!

It is team managed, and we have total control of the Jira settings. And, besides grouped by subtask and filter by epic, no other filters are selected.

I have opened a question detailing the problem, accompanied by screenshots. You can find it here: Filter-by-epic-when-grouped-by-subtask

Mark Z
Atlassian Team
November 1, 2021

Thanks, @Mateja Jermanis, I have replied to your open question post.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events