user can not link Task ld (issue ) when we are creating Bug

Hari Kamalesh Yenduri September 29, 2021

Steps to Reproduce 

• login to Jira account with valid login details 
  • click on the create (using to create bug) button  present on the top  in Jira screen
  • user will see dialog  box fill all the mandatory fields 
  • Scroll the left scroll bar till user see the linked issue drop down
  • Try link issue which is created as Task id  
  • Click on the create button

Actual Result : User can see a error  linked issue key  does not exist under linked issue drop down

2 answers

0 votes
Sagar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2021

Hi @Hari Kamalesh Yenduri Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Can you please let us know what Jira environment you using like Jira Server, Jira datacenter, Cloud.

While giving the Task id on Bug issue you giving the whole issue link like https://your-comapny-domain/TP-123 or just TP-123, Please use only TP-123 in case you using full issue url.

Also, does these two issues belong to same project or different project? also check if you have linked issue permission and browse project permission on the project which you select for linking (i.e Task id)

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 29, 2021

Hi @Hari Kamalesh Yenduri and welcome!

I've tried all the steps, but I have successfully created a new bug, linked to a task. What do you mean by task id? You mean the key of the task? Can you provide a screenshot please?

• jira.png
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2021

The issue that you are trying to link to, is from the same project or another project?

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ @Sagar 

I am using company https://company name -project name.atlassian.net

And after creating the bug id user can add the task id at the time of creation only user can not add the link 

it is from same project  only @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2021

@Hari Kamalesh Yenduri it's more likely then that this issue doesn't exist. What I would propose is to start typing the issue key inside this field, and when this issue appears in the dropdown menu, click it with your mouse:

select.png

@Alex Koxaras _Relational_ for me it happened  when i select relates option   from drop down  & It is replicating when we type also basically iam not getting suggestions when i type  the task id  & this issue is facing by my team also

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2021

Do you have the link issue permission? Is your role custom or one of the three that Jira created in your TMP?

Yes Alex I had permission for that see I can link this I'd after creating bug and I can't link this I'd when I am creating bug

Suggest an answer