While creating issue no project selected

Sudhansu Palei February 6, 2024

After creating issue, when we select any issue type nor project will be selected. I have attached the screenshot. Jira Issue.jpg

2 answers

1 vote
Sharu - Empyra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2024

Hi @Sudhansu Palei 

Looks like you have permission to the instance but you don't have access to the project. Basic permission you must have in order to create a ticket is "Browse project" & "Create Issue" permission. Kindly check with your Project administrator or Jira administrator to get the access.

To know more about permission, kindly check - https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/permissions/overview#what-are-users-and-groups 

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Sharu

Empyra Software Solutions

Sudhansu Palei February 7, 2024

Hi Sharu,

Thanks for your reply....

But I myself Jira admin I have tried in a test project. Created a issue type requirment. But when I tried to create issue type, same thing no project selected.

I am unable to select any of the projects.

Sharu - Empyra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2024

Hi @Sudhansu Palei 

So, If you are a Jira admininstrator, please navigate to Settings -> Projects and check if you can view the ist of projects. If you can, kindly click on the three dots and go to project settings. From there, access project permissions and verify which project role is mapped with the browse project & create issue permissions. Grant yourself access accordingly and double-check it once more.

Thanks,

Sharu

Empyra software solution

Sudhansu Palei February 13, 2024

Thanks for your reply....

I able to see all the project & I have administrator privilege over all the project.
So what may be other issue??

This project does not have meta data entry ---- What does this mean ??

Sharu - Empyra
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2024

Hi @Sudhansu Palei 

Then, you must raise a support ticket with Atlassian - They must be able to look into it ASAP. You can provide them your instance link and the screenshot of the error message.

Atlassian Support

Thanks,

Sharu

0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 6, 2024

Hi @Sudhansu Palei , 

Please check with you jira admin, whether you have create Issue permission or not?

Sudhansu Palei February 7, 2024

I myself Jira admin I have tried also same thing. No project coming under drop down.

Suggest an answer