Sum of Time remaining of all subtasks

Eugene Elkanovich
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 14, 2024

Hi,

I'm trying to sum up all the 'Time remaining' totals of my sub-tasks and display it in the 'Time remaining' field of the parent task.

Currently I can see the correct sum in the details screen of the parent, but clicking the 'Time tracking' field, the popup shows me 0 hours.

Here is a screenshot of what I'm talking about and my workflow.

1. Details screen:

image.png

2. Clicking it, gives me this:

image.png

So basically I'm trying to populate the 'Time remaining' field.

Here is my workflow:

image.png

3 answers

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 14, 2024

Hi @Eugene Elkanovich

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

If you prefer using a marketplace app, you can try Sum Up Reports for Jira app. This app provides various table reports based on the fields you choose.

• You can list the issue fields you want and sum up the values at the bottom.
  • You can group your data on any field (sprint, status, assignee, component, project etc.) and sum up the field values (story points, time estimate etc.) or take averages.
  • You can add this app as a gadget to your Jira dashboards.

Here is our live demo dashboard where you can see and modify any sample report and play with it. For your case, you can have a look the report below.

SumofRemainingEstimate.png

For further details, you can have a look at Sum Up and Average Reports in Jira Dashboards article.

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Tugba Capaci
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2024

Hi @Eugene Elkanovich ,

Can you try this 

Remaining Estimate : 

{{#=}}{{issue.subtasks.remaining estimate.sum}} / 60{{/}}

I assume it will work but it can effects the time tracking bar at the parent issue.

By the way, you may want to use When: Work logged instead of "When value changes for". 
This way, your automation triggers when work is logged on an issue. With your current setup, it only triggers when the original estimate is changed.

Tugba
actioner.com 

0 votes
David Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2024

Hi @Eugene Elkanovich ,

welcome to the community!

This should work out of the box - it does for me in a fresh created instance and new project without any additional configuration:

image.png

This is the view  from the task issue. The grey bar shows the total of remaining estimates of sub-tasks (5+2 = 7 hours), the blue one shows the time already booked on the subtasks (2+3 = 5h).

Maybe you do not have all the necessary permissions to see time logged by others?

Suggest an answer