Sub-task or Create issue

A B February 7, 2024

Now in projects, if I have a task that needs 2 sides, for example, a sign-in page, there will be front-end and back-end tasks, so here we have 2 options:

• Create a task with the details, and create 2 child issues to the main one (Front-end and Back-end)
  • Create 2 tasks, one for Front-End, and the second one Back-end, and link each one to the other (No child issues)

Would appreciate what is best and why

3 answers

3 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2024

Hi @A B -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

When you discussed this scenario with your team, what did they think was the better approach to try?  Why did they think that approach was better?  What other approaches did they consider?

Having that conversation will help the team decide how to proceed, and give them information to monitor if things are not working as expected, allowing them to select other approaches to try.

Kind regards,
Bill

A B February 9, 2024

Hi @Bill Sheboy !
Thank you for welcoming me and your suggestion!

After I discuss it with them, I will be sure what is best for the team.

Thank you,

Like Summer.Hogan likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Varsha Joshi February 7, 2024

My preference would be Option#1, makes it easier to track from a feature perspective.

A B February 9, 2024

Thank you @Varsha Joshi ! I appreciate your response

0 votes
Answer accepted
Summer.Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2024

Hi @A B - Welcome to the community! If you want another opinion, I also would go with Option #1 as the tracking in the long run will be more efficient. 

A B February 9, 2024

Thank you for welcoming me and also for your explain!

Will try it

Suggest an answer