Recommendation for managing a multi vendor cloud project

Colin Theseira
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 22, 2021

Hello, is there a best practices document for handling a multi vendor cloud integration project? My corporation is want to integrate with multiple vendor clouds so I created a Kanban board under 'Software Development' but feel this is too linear for this type of project.

Thank you, and appreciate any advise of help with this topic.

1 answer

0 votes
Jacob Vu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2021

Hi @Colin Theseira

There's no best practices documents in terms of how to use Jira for project management. Are you looking to track integrations separately or together? Are they done by the same team? Is it your team that's managing the project?

Lots of questions to answer which will help determine what to do.

Jacob

Colin Theseira
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 22, 2021

Thanks, Jacob. Yes, our team is managing the project. The 'project team' consist of members from a corporation and members from various vendors running their cloud service. We are looking to track the integration together but I would like to isolate issues independent of the other system. I know I can use filters to isolate related issues, and that may be my solution. Not sure if this is the best direction though unless there is a 'better' alternative. Also, this is a Jira team project, not company project. I believe there may be limitations between team and company defined projects. Hope that helps.

Jacob Vu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2021

Hi @Colin Theseira

Using filters is a possibility as well as separating each vendor's integration or service as it's own Epic. You'd be able to group them all in a Kanban board, separate them by Epic and create dependencies for them. 

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there's a more elegant / easy solution and I can't think of any at the moment.

Jacob

Suggest an answer