Next Gen Project Board - how to add estimate and time spent to the ticket display on the board

Peter Waring May 18, 2020

Hi,

I have a next-gen software project using a KANBAN board. On the board I can see the ticket name, the Epic it's linked to, and the ticket number.

What I can't see is the Original Estimate or the Time Spent, which I want to add to the ticket so I can see it when I view the board rather than having to open the ticket.

Is this possible or is it a feature that does not exist yet?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2020

Hello @Peter Waring

Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to edit the fields displayed in the cards of Next-gen boards. We understand how this functionality would be useful, so we created the following feature request to get it implemented:

Ability to customize the fields shown on cards in next-gen projects (backlog + board) 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

If the ability to edit the card layout is essential for your scenario now, a workaround option would be to migrate your issues to a Classic project, where you can customize the card layout with any fields you need as explained in the documentation below:

Customize cards 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Peter Waring May 28, 2020

Thanks Petter. 

I will think about migrating back but we love the RoadMap feature so it's a hard call! I have voted for this feature request. 

The main reason for my request is that as a team leader one wants to be able to see at a glance the time-cost of a feature and how much time has been spent on it already - e..g is someone spending too much time on something and then if so, why? Having to click into the card to see this is quite time consuming and does not give that holistic view.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 1, 2020

Hello @Peter Waring

Thank you for your feedback.

As a possible workaround while we work to implement the mentioned feature request, you can use the issue navigator with the list view to return Next-gen issues and display any fields you want:

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 09.35.43.png

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events