Multiple advanced roadmap teams on one issue

Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2020

Hi here,

Is there a way to assign more than one shared team on an issue. I only see the opportunity to add just a single team.

Or is this something to be mentioned to Atlassian as a feature request?

I hope someone can help me with this problem.

Thx.

Marc

2 answers

2 votes
Pete Morris
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 9, 2020

Hi @Marc Koppelaar - we don't have any plans in the short term to allow for multiple teams assigned to a single issue. Could you please tell me a little about how you'd use this feature in your business?

Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2020

Hi Pete,

On many of our global initiatives we have a team set to execute this, but in cases we need central teams from supporting departments from within our organization to participate to execute work for this initiative.

These are more ad-hoc or small pieces of work that they have to execute. So these teams or members of these teams are not allocated within the roadmap of these initiatives.

Because all related work might not yet been set in Epics, Stories, etc..., to be able to assign this to a team.

From management perspective we want to see which supporting teams are requested to participate on initiatives.

But we want these teams to know that they need to participate. So we have setup shared teams for this matter, but we want to be able to set more than one team to an initiative.

Off-course we could use custom fields or components (per project, very administrative work) for this. But the teams option from advanced roadmap would be preferred as we want to start to use the capacity of the team option as well in the near future.

Like Stephan Gehring likes this
Anna Paris November 19, 2020

Hi, this would be incredibly helpful for us as well.  I see the system can assign multiple teams if it pulls in from the source correctly, but I cannot do it manually.  We are in the same situation where epics can be shared by multiple teams, and we would like the stories they are working to link to that epic. 

Like Marc Koppelaar likes this
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2020

I created a suggestion at Atlassian support as well.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21046

Like # people like this
Ron Piepsny August 30, 2021

I agree with the comments above.  We were under the impression that Advanced Roadmaps would allow us to create a "portfolio" view of our Engineering group's work.  In many cases, a single "initiative" is large enough to have multiple teams within our Engineering group working on it, and it would be advantageous to see all of this in a single plan/roadmap vs. several different plans for each team.  Being able to auto-schedule the initiative work across multiple teams is exactly what we thought Advanced Roadmaps would do for us.  I'm willing to discuss this further if it would help.  Thank you!

Marc Tatham October 28, 2021

Agreed & thanks for raising the suggestion @Marc Koppelaar - 
voted for it 🗳

Samuel Westen January 16, 2022

It would be great if Jira Roadmaps supported capacity management on the individual level. I work at an agency and some of our staff have to chop and change across multiple projects over the course of the month.

Like Georgie Sanderson likes this
0 votes
Ron Piepsny August 30, 2021

Please delete.

Suggest an answer