Missing Components field on side bar

Sharon Byrne-Cotter October 29, 2018

My issue is that I want to create components in my agile project however the component field is not available on my left hand menu in my agile project?

I set up a kanban template project and that does show the components field in the left menu.

I really need to use the agile template as we will do sprints.  I have 4 components i need to set up, I am stuck as its not showing any components field. Any suggestions greatly appreciated :-)

Many thanks for any help

Sharon

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sharon Byrne-Cotter October 29, 2018

Hi Alexey,

I have attached a screen shot , thanks for your time :-)Agile template.jpg

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2018

Hello,

Could you provide the screenshot with the absent components?

I think that you created a next-gen project. Next-gen projects do not have components.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2018

No, you have a classic project.

Go to the Projects Settings and you will see the Components menu.

Like kikokeroles likes this
Sharon Byrne-Cotter October 30, 2018

Hi Alexey,

After your question i checked. It was a Next-gen template. I created a new project using classic scrum and i have components now. Thanks for your help in understanding the template may have been my problem.

I wonder why in the latest Next-gen template they would think a user would not want components, strange?

All the best

Sharon

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2018

Next-gen projects are under active development. I think later components will be available in next-gen projects. But not right now.

If my answer helped you, kindly accept my answer.

santiago.remon March 24, 2020

Hi Alex, its been a while, any news about components in next-gen? cheers

Like # people like this
Greg May 5, 2023

Hi @Alexey Matveev its been 4.5 yrs ago, when can components be expected?

Like # people like this
0 votes
Philipp Herzig October 31, 2018

In next-gen projects you could just create a new field and name it components. Dropdown fields should come very soon. Apart from that you could also just use the standard label field. Depends on what you want to achieve with the components. 

Sharon Byrne-Cotter October 31, 2018

Thanks Philipp for the suggestion.

I like the new next-gen template specifically for the roadmap but I miss lots that is available in the classic scrum template. My wish would be for the road map feature in the scrum classic template to be perfect :-).

Thanks

Sharon

Philipp Herzig October 31, 2018

Yes this would be very handy. Especially since it is not possible to convert a classic project to a new-gen project. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events