How can I generate release notes for a version?

kenk May 7, 2020

In a classic project, I could create release notes easily when I marked a version as released. Is there a similar mechanism for a next-gen project?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2020

Hi @kenk

not at the moment, unfortunately. Next-gen Release hub doesn't allow you to see the Release detail like in Classic projects.

There are some improvements coming this year to the release hub so I would expect some changes coming soon but can see the release notes listed there yet.

Link to the Next-gen roadmap ✨ https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/whats-new/next-gen#intheworks

But maybe you could just use JQL to filter for issues in this release and then export them as a list as a workaround for now (there are several options for export in search)

If that's something that blocks you a lot we have a planning plugin that will allow you to generate them  👉  https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219470/swanly-release-roadmap-timeline-for-jira

kenk May 8, 2020

Hi @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ ,

Thanks for the reply. It's a hassle to do it by hand (this is one of those jobs truly made for automation) but if that's all there is, I'll have to go with it. I'll take a look at the plug in.

Cheers,

Ken

0 votes
Yuri Kudin July 1, 2020

Hi @kenk ,

I would recommend you one more plugin which can help you to generate Release Notes: Release management for Jira.

In the add on you can

1. Create rich text multiple templates for release notes. 

RN Template.jpg

2. Add variables from version or general context. Such as, starter, release dates, author of the release notes etc

3. Inject SQL based dynamic tables which can represent certain set of issues in the version

release notes issues.jpg

release Notes Issues2.jpg

Hope it will help you,

Yuri

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events