Clone a Task automatically including Subtasks

Marius May 13, 2020

Hi,

I can Clone a Task automatically. That's ok.

But I want to clone the Subtask too and put the cloned Subtask to the cloned Task. In other words, I want to Clone a Task with its Subtasks. And when I click on the cloned Task, I want to have the Cloned Subtasks linked in the cloned Task, as in the original Task.

That's my actual automation:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-13 um 15.17.05.png

1 answer

0 votes
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2020

Hi @Marius 

See the answer of Commodore, you need to add this value "{{createdIssue.key}} to the parent issue.

"https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/How-clone-a-task-and-its-subtasks/qaq-p/605089é

Marius May 13, 2020

Sorry that will not resolve my problem.

I don't have a manually trigger. I have a planned rule, please see my screenshot.

But i take a look on your Link and the picture in your link is telling me, that I have to write "{{createdIssue.key}}" to the parent Issue field. But in the "Parent Issue" field i have a drop down to choose "Aktueller Vorgang" or "Triggervorgang".

What am I doing wrong?

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2020

It's not important which trigger you use. Even if you have the dop down list you can write the value that i give u and press enter to validate your value. I just test it

Marius May 13, 2020

Ok thank you Mohamed, I've put the Information successfully in the field "parent issue".  But, now it becomes a little bit complicated.

Initial Situation:

Task 1 incl. Subtask 1 and Subtask 2

New Situation after running the rule:

Task 1 incl. Subtask 1 and Subtask 2 AND cloned Subtask 1 and cloned Subtask 2

Cloned Task 1

What i like to have:

Initital Situation:

After running the rule:

Cloned Task 1 incl. cloned Subtask 1 and cloned Subtask 2

Can you follow me?

The sticking point is, that Jira should clone the subtasks and put them to the cloned Task and NOT to the old Task. You know what I mean?

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2020

Weird, it working good in my instance. If the first task have 2 subtask then the new task have only two subtask too

Can you share your automation pls

Marius May 13, 2020

Of course. Here you see my Automation and in the second picture you see the result after i runned the automation.

My Automation is unfortunately in German. I switched the language in Jira to English but the Automation part is always in German. I hope you can understand it anyway.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-13 um 17.21.15.pngBildschirmfoto 2020-05-13 um 17.21.38.png

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 13, 2020

here my automation, it works fine. I think is the same as your (sorry i can't read german :) )

automation.png

Marius May 13, 2020

Hi Mohamed,

thank you for your Screenshot. Now here's my automation in english.

When I run the rule, there is an Error in the Logfile (see second picture).

The result is the same as yesterday: It clones all the Issues and Subtasks but did not add the cloned subtasks to the cloned task. It adds the cloned subtask to the origin task.

Maybe you can see a wrong setting?

//edit: I figured out: When i changed the "When: Scheduled" to "manually Triggered" then the rule runs correct.

So is there a wrong setting on my "When: Scheduled"?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-14 um 07.38.40.pngBildschirmfoto 2020-05-14 um 07.40.41.png

Suggest an answer