Can I create sub-tasks for the user story issue type in next-gen project

Suppanat Hussarangsri March 6, 2019

Now I am testing the next-gen project feature to see if I can move from the current scrum project to the next-gen.

I found that the next gen project is much easier to use comparing to the current one. Especially the roadmap feature is really useful.

After trying for a while, I stuck with one thing that I cannot do in the next gen project which the feature of creating the sub-tasks in the user story.

I would like to ask if it can be done or not.

If yes, please tell me how. If no, do you have any plan to implement this feature in the future.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2019
2 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2019

Hello,

Currently it is not possible to add a sub-task in a next-gen project. It is on the roadmap, but not implemented yet:

https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/jira-software?_ga=2.69926864.1513002746.1547637396-1149622764.1547637396

Thank you very much.

Cristianne Bastos March 11, 2019

Anxiously waiting :)

Demi Liapis April 24, 2019

Need it too

0 votes
Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2019

Hi @Suppanat Hussarangsri - As @Alexey Matveev said, subtasks are currently not available in next-gen projects, but this is on our team's radar and we're working on it. We'll be sure to announce it when it's available.

Thank you

Jay Keck June 7, 2019

Has subtask supported been announced yet? I noticed that noe under my choices of issuetype there is Subtask. Does this really have the full subtask functionality is it just partially implmented since I haven't seen any word that it is released and the next-gen roadmap page still shows subtasks as 'coming soon'

Thanks,

Jay

Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
June 11, 2019

Hi @Jay Keck - We've been slowly rolling out subtasks to next-gen projects over the last few weeks; looks like you were one of the lucky ones who got it early! You can read more about Subtasks in next-gen, and where the feature is heading, in our Community announcement article.

Maxime Vonthron November 17, 2020

Hi @Kevin Bui do you know how we can automatically update the status of a user story when its sub-tasks are all moved to a new status?

Example: I have 1 user story and 2 sub-tasks inside the user story.

User story 1: set manually in progress

User story 1's Sub-task 1: set code review

User story 1's Sub-task 2: set to code review, then automatically move User story 1 into code review

OR

User story 1 moved to DONE, then all sub-tasks should be set to DONE automatically.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events