Automation - create child issue in specific Epic

Ella H
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 12, 2024

I have created automation so that when an Epic is created a child issue populates.

When said child issue is transitioned to a Done status, I would like a subsequent child issue to automatically populate the same Epic. I am struggling to get this to work; the 'trigger issue' is the child issue, but I want to create a new child issue on the Epic.

Is this possible? 

1 answer

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2024

Hi @Ella H -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

For a question like this, please post an image of your complete automation rule, images of any relevant actions / conditions / branches, an image of the audit log details showing the rule execution, and explain what is not working as expected.  Those will provide context for the community to offer ideas.  Thanks!

Until we see those...

Your rule needs to either branch to the parent issue, or use the trigger issue's parent, to set new issue's parent.  Seeing your rule will confirm if that is missing.

Kind regards,
Bill

Suggest an answer