Are there any Next-gen Kanban reports to show work items that are "in-progress" and/or "done?"

Spencer Hale June 26, 2020

Right now we are demoing Jira Cloud, and we currently have an in-house process where our associates go and input a description of of their weekly work. I am hoping there is a report I can run for a Jira Cloud Kanban board that can provide me a list of work items assigned to myself. If so, this would be a strong argument for us going to Jira Cloud. There are some teams that are using SpiraTeam, and I know there is a way within that app to export tasks (work items) to an excel report. 

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2020

Hello @Spencer Hale

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Could you please describe exactly what kind of statistics you want to display in your reports?

Also, to give you specific instructions on how to achieve it, I must know how you are registering your weekly work at the issues. Are you using a custom field or comments?

If you are just looking for a list of all issues assigned to you displaying the description of the work done on those issues in the last week, you can use the Advanced search mechanism of Jira (JQL) to return that information:

What is advanced searching in Jira Cloud? 

Let me give you a practical example or how this could be done:

Let's suppose you are using the comment sections to add the weekly work done in your issues. To be able to display the comment related to the last week at the report, you can use a custom field to return only the last comment added. These would be the steps:

1. Add a Paragraph custom field (Under project settings > Issue types)
    Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 12.42.25.png
  2. When you add a new comment with your weekly work to the issue, add that comment to the paragraph field too. P.S: Optionally, you can use an automation rule to do it (under project settings > Features > Automation)
  3. Click on the filters drop-down at the header of the page > Advanced search
  4. Type and save the following query as a filter, where "ABC-123" is your Next-gen project key:
    assignee = currentUser() and status in ("In progress", "done") and updated >= startOfWeek() and project = "ABC-123"
  5. Then, select the "List view" on the right side of the query. This option will allow you to display the columns (fields) you want in the search, including the paragraph field with the work description of the last week:
    Screen Shot 2020-06-29 at 12.46.26.png

Following the steps suggested, the query will display all the issues updated at the last week that are assigned to you in the status "In progress" or "Done" at your Next-gen project.

Additionally, you can export those issues in different formats if you want with all their related fields. To do it, just clicking at the Export button on the top-right corner of the page

Let us know if you have any questions.

Spencer Hale July 2, 2020

Petter thank you so much for your response! I believe your answer will give us a great start at looking at how we can export these items in a useful report. If I have more questions regarding this, should I post under my initial question or post a new question?

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 3, 2020

You are welcome, @Spencer Hale

If you have any questions about the instructions provided while creating your report, please feel free to ask me directly in this question.

Now, if you need help to achieve something different from the initial question summary, please create a new question so other users looking for the same instructions can easily find the related content.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events