I can Pull or Push from the Terminal Command Line, but not from the GUI. V. 3.4.6. Help?

Mike Jones September 28, 2021

I can Pull or Push from the Terminal Command Line, but not from the GUI. How can this be resolved?  Version: 3.4.6.  This was working fine for several months and now using the GUI Pull and Push buttons fail.  Here is the error output:

git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks fetch --no-tags origin
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

Completed with errors, see above.

--

The only other thing I can think of that changed was a forced software update for Windows recently.  I use this as part of my normal work, so it is important to get resolved.  What can be done to resolve this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mike Jones October 1, 2021

I was able to get SourceTree working properly again.  The solution was to install Git Bash on my system and have SourceTree point to that in the Tools > Options, rather than using SourceTree’s own embedded Git.  It appears that maybe SourceTree’s embedded Git was using something with 32 bit compatibility rather than 64 bit, and it was rendered useless after a Windows Update.  The newly installed Git Bash is 64 bit.

To resolve I had to download GitBash and install it.

Found here: https://git-scm.com/downloads

Once installed, the next step is the update the SourceTree Tools > Options as mentioned above to use Git: GitVersion = System.  It find it and it should up with something like: C:\ C:\Program Files\Git\cmd\git.exe in the path.

So, once you install a standalone Git (Git Bash) and have SourceTree point to it should work.

0 votes
Antonijo Galic October 1, 2021

Hi,

anyone solved this issue. I am experiencing same with version 4.1.3. I can push/pull from command line but not from Sourcetree GUI.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events