Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another reason not to use git

Gibran Shah November 8, 2017

My stashes do not get applied.

I make a change. I stash my changes. I look at the stash and I see that my changes are there. Then I undo my changes in the source code. Then I try to apply my stash. It does not work. The stash does not get applied to my source code.

This is yet another of the many reasons I will continually urge my manager to switch us over to TFS. We've already done so with a few of our projects and we are slated to do so with the current project very soon. I can't wait.

2 comments

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2017

So when you say you undo your change after it gets stashed, what exactly do you mean? Are you keeping staged changes? How do you undo the change? By default doing a stash would move your modified tracked files and staged changes to the stash and returns you repository to a clean state, so you should have to do a "undo of your changes".

Russell Spivey December 4, 2017

From what I've read, TFS supports Git from VS 2013, so you can use both if you want! 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events