Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Left Pane updating slowly after(!) 2.1.2.5

Edited

TL:DR Version:

Since -after- 2.1.2.5 the left pane updates slowly when starting sourcetree AND switching branches.

2.1.2.5 Start + Branch Switch (10 sec)>> https://youtu.be/bvz_Hbdxf3Q

2.1.11.0 Start + Branch Switch (120 sec)>> https://youtu.be/QbHK0jiuWiU

Long Version:

Version 2.1.2.5, for me, is the best working SourceTree 2 version regarding usability, speed and performance.

I tried 2.1.5.0, 2.1.7.0. 2.1.10.0 and 2.1.11.0 but immediately noticed that the branch updates when switching branches (something I do very frequently) takes a significant amount of time in the sense that it does not show the new branch as active.

In my workflow I often have to switch to a new branch to merge the previous one into it. Using only the UI Interface I am unable to merge the previous branch because it takes up to 60-120 seconds for the new branch to show up as active. I also noticed that in at least 2.1.7.0 there is a permanent loading bar at the top which never, ever, disappears.

The problem is that the UI still thinks the previous branch is active and won't enable the merge options for it when I right click.

In version 2.1.2.5 this update happens immediately.

I am aware that this is very well possible by simply opening the terminal, but I wanted to make sure to bring this to your attention in case it wasn't noticed.

Short info on the most used repo UI:

File Status, shown

Branches, shown (7 checked out)

Tags, collapsed (~ 24000 Tags)

Remotes, collapsed (~40 remote branches)

Stashes, shown (3 recent)

1 comment

Deleted user Sep 17, 2017

I've also noticed this.

Comment

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events