Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SourceTree 2.6.10 App-v crash

Richard Gully September 20, 2018

I am having an issue sequencing SourceTree 2.6.10. The installation seems to work fine but when I try and open Sourcetree via the published App-v sequence it attempts to open, I see the logo as its loading then it crashes, I found the following error in the logs.

Does SourceTreework in App-v, any idea what the issue is?

ERROR [2018-09-19 13:49:30,879] [1] [Sourcetree.Composition.VSMef.Net471.CompositionExceptionHelper] [HandlePartDiscoveryException] - PartDiscoveryException:

Microsoft.VisualStudio.Composition.PartDiscoveryException: Unable to load assembly "D:\ProgramData\App-V\8089AC0E-053C-4E34-9D91-53D939F88040\499352A8-D205-482D-8055-E57110967C65\Root\VFS\ProgramFilesX86\Atlassian\Sourcetree\SourceTree.exe" for scanning. ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Sourcetree, Version=2.6.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName assemblyRef)

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Composition.PartDiscovery.<>c_DisplayClass11_0.<CreatePartsAsync>b_0(String path)

— End of inner exception stack trace —

2 answers

0 votes
Steve Rhodes October 15, 2018

We couldnt get it working so we ended up sequencingTortoise for Git. I recommend you do the same,

0 votes
Mike Corsaro
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2018

Hello! We don't 'officially' support App-V but using the enterprise installer might work better? You can find that here

Steve Rhodes September 21, 2018

Richard is a colleague of mine and I can confirm that he was using the Enterprise version. This error happened on both the standard and Enterprise. AppV is an Enterprise product and should really be supported.

We've looked more closely into "Unable to load assembly "D:\ProgramData\App-V\8089AC0E-053C-4E34-9D91-53D939F88040\499352A8-D205-482D-8055-E57110967C65\Root\VFS\ProgramFilesX86\Atlassian\Sourcetree\SourceTree.exe" for scanning. ---> System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Sourcetree, Version=2.6.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'"

That looks like it cant find some sort of library, perhapsa DLL. Its looking for Sourcetree, Version=2.6.10.0. Im interested in where its looking for this. 

Gregg Deuchar October 11, 2018

Seeing the same issue. Tried to package using PVAD, but no difference.
Using Enterprise installer. Environment = Windows 7 SP1 x64, Sequencer 5.1.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events