Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the Program Management Professionals group!

Hello, Program Managers!

Welcome to our newest community group! ✨ We’re excited to have a dedicated space where program managers and folks who play a role in delivering strategy and keeping their organizations and teams on track can network, ask questions, and help each other work through the complex projects and program initiatives that come with the job.

We’ve got some big aspirations and plans for this group…

Our objectives are to provide a great place for you to:

• Learn more about how you can use Atlassian products and our Team Playbook as a program manager

• Discuss common challenges in program management and solutions for how to overcome them

• Share real-life examples from your work to gather feedback, spark discussion, and offer tips and advice

• Ask questions and share your successes and struggles with other program managers who can relate

• Establish feedback loops with the Atlassian product teams for program management use cases so we can continue to make our products better for you.

Meet the team!

Say hello to @Penny Lew@Tiffany Scolnic@alex@Megan Barrie, and @Miles Tillinger 👋

We’re excited to be launching this group with an all-star lineup of Atlassian program managers who are here to kick off engaging conversations, share their tips and tricks, answer questions, and make sure we all get something valuable out of being here!

The way the members of this group engage with each other is entirely based on the type of members that join. Thank you for bringing an open mind, thoughtful questions, and any wisdom you have to share with others. 

A request for you…

To ensure we help you make the most out of the time you choose to spend here, we’d love to learn a bit more about what’s top of mind for you as a program management professional. What are some of your current process and workflow-related struggles? Is there anything that keeps you up at night? Do you have a wish list of things you’d love to see in a tool that would make your job easier? Let us know; we’re glad you’re here!

3 comments

Comment

Courtney Ortiz November 14, 2023

Hello - I'm excited about this group. My biggest hurdle right now is in resource management and planning as we have so many projects in our backlog and a small team, and I don't have great tools to let me see the impact of something slipping or a blocker on one project impacting another. We have also adopted Teams and SharePoint but are looking to lean more heavily on Confluence so trying to quickly come up to speed on the built-in functionality and look at add-ins that may be useful in managing a portfolio, translating discovery findings to a Jira backlog, onboarding vendors, etc. My focus right now is extremely broad and I'm learning more each day! 

Like Kristen Roth likes this
Kristen Roth
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 15, 2023

We're glad you're here, @Courtney Ortiz ! Have you discovered Atlassian University? We have a free course on Confluence Fundamentals that will help you get you to speed! ➡️ https://university.atlassian.com/student/path/861302-confluence-fundamentals

The Workstream might also be of interest to you, too, as you mentioned you're still looking around in a broader sense to see which processes and workflows might work best for your team. You can check that out here! ➡️ https://www.atlassian.com/work-management

Do feel free to ask any specific questions within this group as they pop up, too! Our team is here to help! 

Like Courtney Ortiz likes this
Courtney Ortiz November 15, 2023

Hi Kristen - Thank you for the links. I hadn't seen Atlassian University and had looked at the workstreams which seem very interesting. Still checking those and the templates out and loving them! 

Like Kristen Roth likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events