Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video: How Marketing Program Managers at Atlassian use our tools

Hi PgM community, I wanted to share this quick overview of how Atlassian program managers use Jira Product Discovery, Jira Work Management,  Confluence, Atlas and to track and deliver work for our go-to-market teams. Yes, our marketing, sales, and even creative teams all use Jira! In the video are some some quick tips on how we link our projects & tools together. Some of the key principles I always follow when setting up & using Jira (or most other tools):

• Start simple. Basic workflows and issue types will enable faster adoption. Then add complexity like automation, workflow steps and tags in Atlas as needed.
  • Multiple tools are ok, but cross linking is key. As much as possible embed and cross link to other relevant tickets, docs, or external links to help teams stay working in their tool of choice but find the information they need. 
  • View & update your project as part of a regular cadence: This might seem like a no-brainer, but rather than bugging the team to update their tickets, I make sure the board is front-and-center: screen-sharing in our weekly meetings, communicate via comments in tickets, or embedding tasks in slack, which turns Jira from a task-tracker into a true project management tool.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events