Visa letter?

Esther Strom April 27, 2018

I'm starting to fill out my registration for Summit, and it's asking me if I need a visa letter. There's no info tip or anything on the registration to indicate who would need a letter; how do I find out if I do? I'm coming from the U.S.

1 comment

Comment

Katie L [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2018

Hi@Esther Strom, I'm from the Atlassian events team. If you are an US citizen, you will not need a visa letter to Spain.

Kind Regards,

Katie 

Esther Strom April 27, 2018

Thanks, Katie! I haven't traveled out of the U.S. in a very long time, and never for business, so I wasn't sure.

Katie L [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2018

@Esther Stromno problem! If you will have a layover in a Schengen country before heading to Spain, you will get your passport stamped during your layover, and not when you arrive to Spain.

Vitor Pelizza August 24, 2018

Hey @Katie L [Atlassian],

I've got a friend flying to Barcelona for the summit tomorrow, from Brazil. Does he need the letter? How can we get it?

Thanks.

Katie L [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
August 24, 2018

Hi @Vitor Pelizza, I did a quick search online and according to this page Brazilian citizens do not need a visa to go to Spain if they are staying for less than 90 days.

With that said, I would highly recommend doing further research and potentially checking with the Spanish Embassy in Brazil just in case.

If your friend does need a visa letter, he can request for one by emailing summit@atlassianevents.com

Kind Regards,

Katie

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events