Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadtrip to and from Summit 2020

Joerg Mueller-Kindt December 2, 2019

2020 will be my first time at an Atlassian Summit and because I have never been outside of San Francisco on the west coast, I thought it could be a good idea not to fly to Las Vegas, but add a couple of days to make a road trip to and from the summit without much of a plan. I arrive in SFO (San Francisco Airport) on the 26th of March in the evening and I leave on April 5th in the evening, again from SFO. That is - of course - far too little time to see EVERYTHING, but the distance it is not that great. Google says it is app. 8 hours by car, so should easily be done in three days (27th to 29th) and then maybe Monday up bright and early in LV to see the Hoover Dam (I've seen it collapse in so many movies, I need to see it whole :-) ) before the Welcome Reception. Something like that.

The idea is to take the South route on the way to Las Vegas

image.png

And the scenic north route back (Leaving LV on the 3rd and flying back to Europe fro SFO on the 5th in the evening).

slack-imgs.com.jfif

I'd rather use public transport (Trains, Busses), I know there is a train from Emeryville (near San Francisco) to LA and several Greyhounds from LA to LV. Any suggestions for stops along the road off the beaten path? Lifehacks to make this cheap and memorable? Motels/Hotels you can recommend (not of hostel age anymore ;-) ) ? Anybody wants to join me either way? Looking forward to your input.

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events