Miscellaneous Monday - Internet Waste or Awesome Art?

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2018

Good afternoon friends!

Apologies for the late post, but it's MOVING DAY for me here at the office. With that in mind, here's a quick distraction if, like me, your day has been somewhat hectic and you need a few moments to unwind with some mindless activity!

Enter SILK which is a fantastic and beautiful computer-generated drawing program that can net you a spiffy new computer background if you're so inclined. 

The coolest feature of this site is the ability to have rotational symmetry at varying degrees, mirroring, and duplicate points (and you can pick whatever colors tickle your fancy). 

Here's a quick 2-3 second image that I designed a few minutes ago:

2018-09-10_12-04-21.png

The beauty is in the simplicity here, so play around! I hope you'll share your creations below. Happy Monday!

6 comments

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2018

that is mesmerizing and really cool.

silky1.png

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2018

Whoa, cool colors @Jack Brickey!

Kimberly Deal _Columbus ACE_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 10, 2018

I love the colors of yours @Jack Brickey!  I say we all get it as matching tattoos at the next summit!

....ok, maybe just get it made as a temporary tattoo.  ;)

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2018
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2018

@Meg Holbrookthat looks like my brain right now, how did you guess? 😋

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2018

Here is mine:

Fadoua's Design.png

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2018

Yours is so cute and petite @Fadoua :D What a sweet little flower!

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2018

@Meg Holbrookmy gift on this rainy Monday to every champion and Atlassian people for making this space a great place for all of us.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2018

dang! how come yours is beautiful and harmonious with nature where mine looks evil. I worry about me sometimes. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2018

but I will say that @Meg Holbrook's looks a bit like Krang from the Ninja Turtles...

krang.jpg

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2018

@Jack BrickeyThere is nothing wrong with yours, it is beautiful. All I did was to move the "No rotational Symmetry" all the way to the right

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2018

aha...an advanced user!

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 10, 2018

Believe me first time using it. Look at Meg's picture and you will see at the bottom right a flower, then I was thinking there must be a way to do it.

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 10, 2018

OMG @Jack Brickey - it DOES totally look like Krang, I'm cracking up right now.

@Fadoua- is just cooler than we are.

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2018

I give you The Flying Spaghetti Monster. May you be forever touched by his Noodley Appendage.

FSM.png

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2018

RAAAAAAAA-mennnnnnnnnnn

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 11, 2018

Love it!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
September 17, 2018

Hail, FSM!

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2018

This is so cool and mesmerizing at the same time :) Here's mine, thanks for sharing Meg!

jodi pic.png

jodi pic.png 

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2018

supposed to be a butterfly!

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2018

I definitely got butterfly vibes off of this one! Nicely done! Love the rainbow colors ^_^

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2018

It was fun to make, and a nice 1 minute activity to recharge my mind with a little fun and creativity! thanks again, hope your move went well and that all your plants love their new digs :)

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2018

@Jodi LeBlanc, uups, my first thought was Diablo, although it is not so colourful. 

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2018

But it is also a wonderful butterfly. 

Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2018

"Its a bunny and a chicken!"

bunnyandchicken.png 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 11, 2018

look out for Krang. He will eat both!

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2018

hahaha, that's awesome!

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 11, 2018

I call this one "noise". download.png

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 12, 2018

Gorgeous @Kat Warner!! I love seeing the differences between everyone's art. 

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new comments.

Post a new discussion

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events