Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Jira Software. Need advice.

Vincent March 1, 2024

Hello everyone. I am new to Jira and currently evaluating the product. I created a new free account and while I was testing creating Projects and issues, I realised I could see other people project which is not from my company. Any reason why is this ? Furthermore, I am not the admin even thought i thought I am as I am the only user. Projects1.JPG

4 answers

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Raul Pelaez _TecnoFor - Marketplace Partner_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 1, 2024

Use different Permission schemes for the projects and restricte the Browse Project permission

Regards

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2024

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This just means that your admins have allowed you to see these projects.  It's probably by default, Jira's default project permissions include "any logged in user can see this"

0 votes
Sebastian Krzewiński
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2024

Hi @Vincent 

If on your Jira instance are you able to see projects that shouldn't be there you need to contact with Atlassian support (https://support.atlassian.com). Looks like security bug.

Based on your description it looks like you create new account on existing site and there is more users.

Regards,

Seba

Vincent March 1, 2024

Thank you. I will do that.

Like John Funk likes this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 1, 2024

Hi Vincent - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Are you saying you created a new free instance of Jira. And that's the one you are signed into? And you did not invite the other users you see as Team Leads in your image? And you did not create those Projects? 

Are you sure you are in the instance you created? 

Vincent March 1, 2024

Yup, that is correct. The yellow one is the one I created. The rest doest not belong to me. This is the only page was brought to me when i login. When i created my free account, i use my company m365to login.Projects2.JPG

Projects3.JPG

Like John Funk likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events